"Sorry, I cant do this" she mutters to the doctor before slinging a strap over her shoulder and making her way out of the building. The receptionist shoots her a smile and a nod as she walks out.

With the fresh air hitting her, Nessa takes some time to breathe, to let everything sink in. She thinks. Maybe it's not too late to turn back and still make the appointment. However, a sharp shooting pain makes the decision for her as she groans, clutching onto her side.

"Okay okay, no going back now" she whispers.

꧁꧂

The sound of tyres screeching against the smooth road, fill the almost empty street. as Josh breaks to a sudden stop, parking questionably in front of the tall building. The rushed boy unbuckles his seatbelt quickly before stumbling out of his car, raising his arm over his shoulder and locking the Ferrari Portofino effortlessly.

Josh wastes no time in making his way into the building, receiving some questionable looks as he passes by people. Upon arriving at reception, Josh feels his lungs about to collapse. He's an athlete sure but he's never done as much running before as he has in the past half hour. Breathless, he leans on the reception desk, his sweat dripping down his face.

The receptionist eyes him up, moving all her paperwork away from his dripping body fluid. She makes a disgusted face at the boy, wishing he'd just leave.

"Boy, you got the wrong building or something?" She asks, the look of disgust easing.

Josh looks up, panting and groaning, finding the air very hard to breathe. He holds up two fingers, asking for her to give him a moment.

"I'm- I'm looking for...nessahhh b-ft nessa barreht" he wheezes, reaching for the water dispenser. The woman gives him a cup quickly, afraid that he'll die right in front of her.

After Josh fills and refills the small cup three times, he leans against the desk, sighing with relief. He doesn't allow himself to waste anymore time though as he throws the cup into the recycling bin and turns back around to face the receptionist.

"Nessa Barrett" he says sternly. "Am i too late?".

The woman gives him a confused look, "Sweetie she left around five minutes ago" She tells him.

Josh thanks the woman before walking back out of the building. He knew he should've taken a different route. A quicker route. In all honestly, he had absolutely no idea what he was going to say to Nessa but he knew that he had to let her know that if she was scared of not having his support, she was wrong. Josh may be a douche at times and he knows that himself but he also knows when to take responsibility and this was one of those times. On the way over, he thought about what it would be like, to have a baby. Obviously the timing is the worst and he's not ready- not even in the slightest - to be a parent but it doesn't mean he wasn't ready to try. To be there.

As he makes his way over to his car, Josh looks across the street at the play park. He notices a familiar brunette sitting on the swing, a look of fear on her sad face. Josh can't help but feel the anger rise inside of him. He knows that yelling and arguing won't help anything, that it won't change anything but he has to let her know how he feels about it.

Rushing over, Josh grabs the attention of the smaller girl when he lets the gate close with a bang. Jumping a little, Nessa looks up from the ground and wishes she could be swallowed whole when her eyes meet his.

"She told you didn't she?" Nessa questions, referring to Mad's.

Josh scoffs, crossing his arms while he stands in front of her.

"Well someone had to" he replies, bitterness lacing his tone.

"Look Josh I didn't know how to tell you okay? I didn't know how you were going to react" the defeated girl sighs.

Shaking his head with disbelief, Josh takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

"Didn't know how I was going to react? Ness, come on! We've been in each other's lives for so long. I know we're not the best of buddies but I'd like to think we were at least somewhat friends. I care about you, regardless if I show it or not. I cant believe you'd think I'd leave you to deal with it on your own".

"I didn't say that" Nessa argues, standing up.

"You didn't have to. I know that's why you never told me". he fires back.

"We can talk about it now" Nessa says, her voice cracking.

Josh ignores his urge to reach out and give her some sort of comfort. He might not have any romantic feelings for Nessa but he meant it when he said he cares about her. He always has and seeing her upset is something that's always irked him.

"There's nothing to talk about now though is there" Josh says through gritted teeth. "Nothing to talk about because you made the decision without me. I wouldn't have argued if you didn't want to have the baby and I would have came with you today, I would have supported you but I couldn't because you took that opportunity away from me. I get the whole it's your body your choice thing, I agree but c'mon Nessa. I should have been informed that I was going to be a dad whether I wanted to be or not and you should have been the one to tell me".

"But Josh I didn't-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses. I'm leaving." And with that, Josh turns around, slamming the gate closed once again.

Nessa sits back down on the swing, watching as Josh gets in his car and drives off. She has never felt more alone than she does in this very moment. She was stupid to make assumptions about Josh and how he would've handled the situation. She knows she messed up but there's no way she can tell him now. She has got to come up with a new plan.

꧁꧂

I'll double update today :)

Comment & vote ✨