2 𝚂.𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

Dear y/n,

As you probably know from the newspaper I sent you with this letter (read the newspaper first). Peter is dead, and Sirius is the killer. Both James and Lily are gone too. Harry is alright. Somehow he escaped Voldemort with only a scar on his forehead.

I know this might be a bit of a shock to the system, but we have nothing to help us believe Sirius didn't kill James and Lily. I'd like to believe he didn't, or was under the imperious curse, but there's nothing that is saying that's true. The Order is doing a full investigation into this (without the ministry knowing), searching the house and doing anonymous accounts with witnesses or residents nearby to see if anything is proof Sirius didn't commit the murder or give away the Potter's location to Voldemort. We've found nothing so far.

As for Harry, Dumbledore has decided to send him to live with Lily's sister, Petunia and her family in the muggle world, away from the chaos that will probably surround him and his name for the rest of his life. They've already started calling him 'the boy who lived' so I agree with Dumbledore on that one. He's also saying there's some sort of magic that means Harry is only safe with Petunia?

And yes, Sirius was to be his godfather and you his godmother, but as I said before, Dumbledore wants him in the Muggle World.

McGonagal has asked me if you wanted to take up the role as 2nd Potions teacher? Along side Severus Snape (You've always gotten along better with Snape than the rest of us). Send me an owl back with your answer.

I'm sorry about Peter.

Love,

Moony.

Y/n reread the letter multiple times, hoping there to be a secret message in between the words. She found nothing.

Potions teacher? With Severus? Sounds fun.
Y/n was always good at Potions, Snape's only challenger while they were at Hogwarts.

Y/n started writing her response:

Dear Moony,

Tell McGonagall I would love to take up Potions teacher beside Severus. And tell Severus (if he's there) that he's got a challenger again for the better Potions master. And also that I will be changing my last name to L/n so that I don't get pitied by everyone I meet.

What you told me about Peter and Sirius, is that all you're allowed to tell me? Or is that all you know? Because I feel like I'm probably the one person who deserves to know everything about this since it's my brother and best friend!

Y/n was getting angry now and was furiously writing on the paper whatever she thought of.

And I'm glad Harry's being taken to the muggle world. He'll hopefully have a better, more normal childhood there, (though I'm not sure about Petunia because at Lily and James' wedding she wasn't very nice to anyone of magical abilities). But if he does need to come back to the Wizarding world in the future, tell Dumbledore I'll gladly take him in.

Lots of love,

Y/M/N

Y/n called over her owl, Hercule and sent him to take the letter to Remus.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Next day:

Dear y/m/n,

I'm glad you've taken up the role of Potions with Snape, (if you stay there long enough you could see Harry when he starts Hogwarts). McGonagall says she's very happy and excited to have you as a fellow teacher.