Chapter Five

Jessy’s POV

Lou pulled up to the airport and screeched to a stop, barely missing the rear-view mirror of a parked red Mazda next to us.

‘Jesus Aunt Lou. I honestly don’t know if you should be allowed on the road. Your driving’s dangerous!’

“C’mon Hun, I’m not that bad!” she replied. I looked at her.

“Yes, yes you really are.” I said.

We got out of the car and pulled all of our luggage out with us. We had a LOT, Lou’s hair products take up a shit ton of room. There must be a lot of hair in these two bands. There must be like twenty boxes of hair dye in there as well. Ok, two of them are mine, but still. What? I really like to dye my hair. You’re judging me aren’t you?

I opened the door to the back seat and leaned in to unbuckled Lux from her little booster seat. She hates being trapped in that seat, especially for long periods of time. By the time we arrive at our destination, she is practically screaming to get out.

“C’mon Luxy, it’s alright, you can get out now.” I said to Lux who instantly stopped trying to wriggle her way free. She lifted her arms into the air so I could free her.

Once I got that demon buckle undone I lifted Lux out of the car and swung her onto my hip. I bumped the door shut with my hip and went to join Lou who was struggling with the bags.

“Here aunt Lou, let me help you.” I said.

“Oh thank you Jessy.” Lou replied, handing me my bag and Lux’s little Barbie backpack.

Once we had everything under control, we rushed through the doors of the airport and dumped all the bags onto one of those luggage trolleys. We had about 10 minutes before we had to board the plane so I went to the bathroom. Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Once I finished my ‘business’ I quickly fixed my hair and reapplied my lip gloss. Lou was waiting outside for me so I found them quickly enough. Lou was waiting for me with a muffin and cup of coffee from the café there, which I took from her gratefully. I was starving.

 Just then, the flight announcement came over the system.  “Flight 27 to London is now boarding. Flight 27 to London.” That was us. Lou looked around, checking that we had all the bags with us. God forbid if we left something behind. I grabbed my purple suitcase by the handle and dragged it behind me, whilst holding Lux on my hip. Then we handed our tickets over and boarded the plane.

*On the plane*

When we were safely on the plane and in our seats, I took out my headphones and put them in, then pulled my current novel out of my bag. “The Fault in Our Stars” it was called. I pulled my feet up and started reading. I had a feeling it was going to be a loooong flight.

A/N: I am the shittiest author ever. I am so sorry guys for not updating. I’m surprised if some of you are still reading this, but if you are, thank you and I love you! On the bright side. Jessy will meet the guys in the next chapter, so let’s see how that will go down. And Happy New Years! Stay safe, have fun and I love you all!