Ch 18: Haunted

Chres

I felt really bad for Blake I know she's hurt even though she's doing well at hiding it. She was taking me a tour all around Baltimore and it was definitely different from Los Angeles. It was cold as fuck over here and I've never seen snow ever in my life and I was enjoying walking down these streets. I sticked my tongue out licking the snow. I felt a tap at my arm

“Stop that” She laughed.

“What I can't eat snow? I asked.

“Do you boo, do you” She said holding my hand.

“And this is the neighborhood I grew up in, well the projects”

“Wow it looks so different over here” I said. “Yeah they're bigger than those huts you all have” she laughed.

“Okay were about to walk into The Historic Lexington Market which is the heroine capital. There's a meth clinic in here and they sell drugs in here but the food is good as hell. I was just giving you a little warning”.

“Girl they're crack heads all over the world” I laughed at her trying to be the best tour guide ever.  I opened the door letting them in. When I looked around I was shocked, I thought she was over exaggerating. “Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn junkie central in here” I laughed.

“Told you” she laughed. “Chres you have to get a half and half and chicken box” Brelyn said.

“What you know about that Bre? Blake asked

“I remember it here too” she said innocently. “What's a chicken box and half and half? I asked.

“You're so not east coast, a chicken box is fried chicken wings and fries in a box with ketchup and a half and half is ice tea and lemonade”

“Oh an Arnold palmer”

“Yeah I guess but here you can taste the diabetes” she said making me laugh. I walked around the bunch of vendors. I brought a bunch of junk food, for fewer than ten dollars. I was going to be fat as a tick when I go back to Cali.

Blake

I was in the line waiting to get my food until I saw a familiar face. One thing about my town is you'll always see someone you know in Lexington market. Even if they're from middle school or high school. A thousand of them always end up pregnant before they hit 20.

“Blake is that you? I turned around and my eyes widened at Marco Nelson my ex boyfriend from high school. He broke up with me because I was and still am a virgin and I guess I wasn’t fast like the girls he dated. He was my high school sweetheart kind of, and he wasn’t the first to break my heart. A lot of the guys I dated kind of disappeared because I didn’t meet their standards sexually.

“Wassup Marco”

“Nothing but you looking good” he said biting his lip. “I bet, how are you? I asked. “I'm okay trying to find a new job, I work for social security”

“Ohh no, basketball career? I asked mocking him shooting a hoop.  “Nah man those dreams are long and gone” he laughed. “How about you? He asked. “Well I actually live in Cali I only came back to visit” I explained. “Ohhhhh I see you, I see you” he said. I could tell he was missing me and I didn’t miss him one bit. Chres was curiously looking at all fresh fruit in his direction and I pulled him over.

“Ohhh well Marc this is my- my boyfriend Chres” I said quickly pulling him even closer. “Chres this is Marco” I smiled introducing them; I was giggling inside because I could tell how jealous Marco was and how confused Chres was. “Well it was nice seeing you” he said.