Chapter 6

While they were talking, Parker learnt that Scarlett wakes up at 6 am on the dot every morning without fail, so Parker made sure he was awake at 5:59 am.

"Morning," He said when Scarlett's eyes shot open. "You weren't kidding when you said 6 on the dot," He laughed.

"What are you doing awake?" She asked him.

"Well, I wanted to make you weren't going to go and wander off again." He sat up. Scarlett went to get out of bed. "Woah, where are you going?" He put his strong arm in front of her to stop her from moving.

"I'm going to get ready for the day. Where else?"

"Just stay here for a while. We have time before I have to leave." Parker insisted.

Scarlett sat back in the bed. "What do you mean by leave?"

"Well, I missed school yesterday. I have to go today, but on the bright side it's Friday today, so you'll be stuck with me all weekend." He smirked at her.

"So, I'll be on my own for 6 hours?" Scarlett calculated.

"No, just 5. I'll come back here for break and lunch. And I have PE in period 4, so I can run back here to get changed after period 3. Oh, and I have maths in block B in period 1, so I can come back and visit. Basically I'll be back every hour to check up on you. You'll be fine." Parker explained. This calmed Scarlett down. She didn't know how she was going to last hours without him. She couldn't last 5 minutes while he was asleep. They continued to talk until Parker noticed the time. He jumped over Scarlett, the bed was next to the wall and went into the bathroom to get into his school uniform. Scarlett got dressed in the bedroom.

"Parker? Have you got a top I could borrow? Both of mine are dirty."

"Second drawer down," Parker said through the closed door. Scarlett opened the second drawer of the chest of drawers and chose a baggy grey top with a picture of a wolf on it. She found it ironic, so she put it on. It was a bit long, so she tied a knot into the side and made it shorter. It just came to the top of her blue jeans. She put her hair up in a high ponytail again, pulling some hair out to frame her face. It was simple but practical. 

Parker came out of the bathroom wearing his school uniform. It was black trousers with a white shirt, light blue tie and a black blazer with a light blue trim which matched the tie. On the left breast pocket was the Silver Creek logo, which was a silver phoenix with the words 'principes novi cras' under it.

"The new leaders of tomorrow," Scarlett read.

"You know Latin?" Parker asked surprised.

"Yeah, who doesn't?" Parker didn't answer. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Scarlett dashed into the bathroom. Once the bathroom door was shut, Parker opened the door. Emily walked in. She was wearing the same thing as Parker, but a blue and silver tartan skirt instead of trousers.

"Hey. How are you doing today?" She asked him.

"Better thanks. Even going to school." He gestured to his uniform.

Emily started looking around the room. "You know, it's a bit weird that you were ill yesterday. You've never had a day off sick. You even went to school when you had mono."

"Yeah. Well, I was really sick yesterday."

"And you kept asking for more food yesterday."

"You know what they say," Parker said nervously. "Feed a cold, starve the flu."

"Whose bag is that?" Emily pointed to Scarlett's bag.

"That... that's my bag." Parker said. 

"No, that's your bag." Emily pointed to a different bag.

"I have multiple bags." He said bluntly. "Anyway, it was nice to see you, Emily." Parker pushed her towards the door, but she turned out of his grip and opened the bathroom door. Parker abruptly shut the dorm door.

Scarlett stood in the bathroom quite sheepishly. Emily pulled her out of the bathroom. "Explain." She said simply.

"Well, I was out on a morning jog on Wednesday when I heard something collapse behind a bush. Naturally, I went to investigate and I saw Scarlett lying there. Blood pouring from her side. I brought her in here and patched her up as best I could." Parker explained. Scarlett just nodded in agreement. "She was asleep all day, so I went to school like normal and checked on her between classes. Promise you won't tell anyone she is here?" He pleaded.

Emily stood in silence for a while, pondering her options. "Fine, I won't tell anyone, but if she gets caught, I didn't know anything." Emily looked at the time. "Come on, we need to go and get some breakfast. If we both grab some extra stuff, it won't look as suspicious."

Parker hugged her. "Thank you, Em. I'll make it up to you." He turned to Scarlett. "We'll be back in a bit." And he left the room. 

Emily turned to leave, but Scarlett grabbed her arm. "Thank you." Emily nodded and left the room.