7. starcourt

A/N
Hi everyone! More than 50 reads!! I don't even know how to thank you guys enough, but I hope you enjoy this superrr long chapter as my thank you gift! :D <3
-Arla

*Will's POV*

🌼

Will went on his way to Max's house. Strolling around the neighbourhood, he arrived at her front porch after walking for about 10 minutes.

He hesitantly rang the doorbell, scared to face Max's older brother; Billy. He saw his Chevrolet Camaro parked out front so he was most definitely at home right now.

*a minute later*

The door swung open, revealing a rather tall and buff man, he had blonde wavy hair styled in a mullet, an unreadable expression plastered on his face.

Billy.

Will just stood there, frozen, lost for words. He was extremely intimidated by the man standing in front of him.

"I-is Max home?" he struggled with words.

Billy looked at him.

"Who the hell are you? you look like some sort of queer," he spat.

"I-um,"
Will had never spoken to Billy Hargrove before, but he heard that he was nothing but bad news.

"MAX! YOUR LITTLE FAIRY FRIEND IS ASKING FOR YOU SO GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE," He shouted.

Max came skipping down the stairs, skateboard in hand. She squinted her eyes, noticing the familiar shy chestnut-haired boy standing by the front door.

"Will?"
She spoke up, walking towards him.

She was wearing a multi-colored striped shirt paired with blue denim shorts, a brown leather belt and multi-colored old skool vans. Her thick red hair was messily tied up into a ponytail with a green scrunchie.

"Wow, you have to excuse my brother. He's always a total asshole. But what brings you here on this beautiful day?"  The redheaded girl asked.

"I um, I was actually wondering... If you would like to go shopping for school supplies with me. I-If you don't have any plans for today that is,"
Will said awkwardly, looking down at his feet.

Max was taken by surprise.

"Oh, ofcourse yeah I'd love to! And again, I'm so, so sorry that you had to interact with my shithead of a brother. I'll kick his ass one day."
The redhead responded, vigorously saying the last words in that sentence.

"It's okay, really." Will muttered out in his usual quiet and soft voice, giving Max a reassuring, but weak smile.

Max just gave him an apologetic smile, not knowing what to say.

She cleared her throat,
"So, where were you planning on going?" She asked with an excited tone, lightening the mood.

"I'm not sure. Downtown or the mall, I'm fine with whatever," Will answered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Starcourt it is then Byers," She said while tying her shoes and grabbing her wallet, putting it in the back pocket of her denim shorts.

She hopped outside, the sun hitting her red hair, making it look like flames og fire. Max looked up at Will who still stood awkwardly by the front door.

"Are you coming or not?"
She teased him. The sun was blinding so she put her hand on her forehead, blocking out the sun from her eyes.

"Oh, yeah sorry." Will spoke up, closing the front door of Max's house and skipping down the front porch stairs in a way to catch up with the fiery redhead.