Remastered Chapter

(l'o'l)

" I can't sleep. " Irina blurted before Tadaomi can ask. He had been unable to get some sleep and apparently, so was the woman to his left. It was past 2:00 in the morning and he mentally took note of the time.

Pulling the door to his room shut, he went to follow Irina into the living area. She threw herself onto the couch sitting in the corner whilst he had busied himself finding the remote. Not particularly in the mood to lose his temper at such an hour, he took his time. Once he found the object of interest, he went to sit next to her.

" Neither can I. " Tadaomi sighed.

" I'm not surprised. " Irina turned to him. " You're a fucking cyborg. You don't sleep unless your bosses say so. " She giggled.

Tadaomi, in response, grabbed the remote and soon, the TV lit up to a music channel he's fond of. He had decided to settle on it and listen in an attempt to get some sleep. However, the giggling carried on, slowly getting on his nerves and so, he unwillingly turned off the TV.

" Stop that. " He admonished; his usually even voice had nearly rang out as a whine and the way her expression morphed, he could tell she had taken notice of it as well. He forced down a breath. " You're breathing directly to my ear. "

Much to the raven-black haired's annoyance, her giggling grew a little bit louder and forced. He turned his gaze and spotted some worn down fashion magazines. He reached for one and tried to open it, but to his bewilderment, Irina made grabby hands, snatching it away from his hands.

" That's mine. "

Tadaomi blinked and resisted to massage his temples.

A moment later, she finally stood up and scampered off. From where he was sitting, he watched her as she busied herself, seemingly rummaging around for some light munch.

" Irina, " Tadaomi exclaimed to her back as his phone came off, checking the time. " There are no snacks left in the pantry. "

Seconds went at a slow pace as they passed by in silence. Tadaomi waited for her response.

" I'll make us a tea, then. " Irina decided with a wink.

Tadaomi took his time to think those words through. He checked the time again before flicking his gaze back up to her to get a read. He sighed, feeling defeated for the first time in a while. " Just make it snappy. I'll be stuck in my small office in a couple hours. "

She looked over at him and then lets out a giggle again that would no doubt darken his eyes in annoyance.

OmiRina & KaruMana Ficlet CollectionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara