I: Mission and a Dinner

Comenzar desde el principio

"I think 20 mL would suffice..."

"Make it 50..." Miyuki said.

"Don't you have any plan on coming back, Miyuki? That's more than enough blood." Shinobu reasoned while inserting the needle to her.

"Just in case..." Miyuki whispered.

A job of a hashira always comes with danger. Even their deaths would come as normal if it were to happen.

For Miyuki, if such things were indeed to happen, she wanted to make sure Oyakata-sama would live longer at least.

"Don't think that way. You have to return...we don't want to lose you, you know?" Shinobu said with sadness in her eyes, despite of the smile she's been giving.

"Rengoku-san will be waiting for you too!" She added mischievously.

Miyuki's eyes widened from her remarks.

"S-Shinobu-san? We're close friends, Kyojurou and I..." She said after her breath hitched at the mention of the pillar.

Miyuki was closest with the Flame Pillar ever since, just like the Serpent Pillar is to the Love Pillar. Rengoku Kyojurou was her childhood friend.

He was her first friend after Oyakata-sama took her in; someone very dear to her, and also goes the same for him

"You're red, Miyuki-san..." Shinobu giggled which made Miyuki sighed defeatedly.

She haven't seen him for months after all since his mission.

Miyuki then returned back to her estate after her time with Shinobu. It was already afternoon when she arrived to her residence, greeted by her attendant in front of her mansion's gate.

"Welcome back, Miyuki-sama." The old lady bowed.

"You have a guest waiting in the garden. Shall I prepare a meal or dinner?"

Miyuki was curious on who visited her with such short notice. She doesn't really have much visitors and so she can only think that it was one of her fellow hashiras.

"No need. Tea is fine, Chiyo-baa. Also, please help me prepare for my things. Tomorrow, I'll leave for my mission." She proceeded to her estate's garden, with her attendant leaving towards the kitchen.

Taking a view outside her porch was a familiar bright man with blazing flame-like hair, just like his haori. He was sitting on the porch with his usual smile, talking to the Ice Pillar's crow which was on his arm.

"I see, Oyakata-sama gave her a mission. I'm late again, am I?" He said with amusement.

Shirayuki already informed Kyojurou about her mission before Miyuki could even talk. As expected with her crow, it was talkative whenever the Flame Pillar's around.

Speaking of...he's here.

"Kyojurou...you're back." Miyuki said calmly while giving a warm smile.

She was instantly greeted with an embrace as soon as they got closer to each other.

"I just got back from my mission. It's good to see you again, Yuki." Rengoku said eagerly while holding her in his arms.

Miyuki chuckled and returned his hug.

"What brings you here? How is Senjuro-kun?"

Rengoku looked at her with curious eyes as if she just said something weird.

"To see you, of course." He replied immediately without hesitation.

Miyuki stopped for a bit and watched him in daze. His answer caught her off guard but it was nothing to be surprise of. It was foolish for her to ask because they always see each other whenever they're done with their missions after all.