"Great," Ryujin scoffed. "Then leave, if you must—"

"Just tell me this, please," the other girl pleaded, wanting to fight the tears that's swelling at the corner of her eyes. "Why a medical university?"

"You say it like I don't deserve it. Shouldn't you congratulate me for getting into one?"

"I know you, Ryujin. You're not someone who replaces her passion easily."

Running a hand over her midnight blue, short locks, Ryujin had shifted her gaze across the room, afraid to meet the eyes that used to captivate her.

Her ex-girlfriend, Choi Jisu, or a sophisticated girl that preferably wants to be called by the name "Lia," looked the same, still radiating the effect that she only has for the other woman.

Ryujin hated the way she's still transparent to the other woman's eyes and it made her vulnerable—which was the least she wanted to happen between them as of the moment. 

Don't break down, don't break down—

"So what if I did?" the short-haired woman managed to utter, choking on air when she did. Damn it.

From the amount of medical terms she dealt with first thing in the morning and the progress in refurbishing her apartment, who would have thought that the only thing that would strain her at best is having to face Lia again, after what seems to be a year that they had last seen each other.

"You love dancing and always bragged about being known in the industry someday, I've always supported you on that—"

"It's just a phase. I'm an adult now. Plus, why do you care? Does he even know you're here?"

The raven-haired girl sighs, massaging her temples. "It's not a phase and yes, he knows."

Ryujin clicks her tongue.

"You got the answer, now you can go," she says, smiling with definite irritation obvious on her face. "Oh, and tell him I said hi. Glad you've got company."

"Ryujin," Lia warns, knowing pretty well that she had just flicked a button. "I'm here because I worry about you. There's still time before college starts and I—"

"My decision is firm," wanting to cut it to the chase, but it was only the truth. 

Aside from the fact that her nurturing parents were delighted by her choice of profession, she eventually attained interest in apropos of medicine, seeing herself as someone who dresses into those knee-length overcoats on a day-to-day basis one day.

The idea of getting a PhD isn't so bad. After all, it's a thrilling achievement.

"But... you only did it because of me."

As if a dart had passed through her, Lia's statement was a bullseye. It was indeed the main reason.

Lia's parents work in the same field and Ryujin had all the reason to look up to them as they were stellar on their job and of course, an advocate to similar courses for their daughter.

Yes, the short-haired woman was out of the picture. There wasn't a problem to their relationship as long as their daughter was adamant with her choices. 

But Lia wanted to pursue a course in law. 

They were easily disheartened by that information and became expectant with their daughter's partner instead.

The couple were very passionate to their interests, believing that their chosen profession will surely lead them to wonders, both of them starting to fantasize a future together and so, Lia rebelled against to what her parents wanted for her and that's when they infer that she might be under Ryujin's influence.