In the last few days, she observed how Munna-Pandit never left Sameer's side even for once. They were indeed his pillars. At least he had them but she...she didn't have anyone. When she had needed her so-called family members the most, they had abandoned her like she was some sort of a waste. She couldn't help but be a bit jealous of their bond. It was natural since it was difficult for her to watch something she had desired for all her life- love & care. Though she knew it was wrong to think like that, she couldn't help it.

She had learnt to adapt to this lonely lifestyle. Only she knew the struggle of changing herself from an innocent, sensitive girl to a strong-headed, independent woman now. She had moved on from her past but still, some remnants used to haunt her. Hoping this new beginning in her life brings something good, she drifted off to sleep.

* * * * * *

The next day, Sameer was going to resume his work since the pace of the company had become slow. Naina woke up with a start when she heard his room's door being shut with a thud sound. Not getting enough sleep last night, she was feeling too tired to go office. Somehow picking herself up, she paced towards the bathroom to freshen up and get ready.

As she went towards the dressing mirror after having a shower, she gazed at her reflection. As soon as she noticed herself, some flashes emerged past her mind and a girl appeared in front of her in the mirror.

She was getting dressed up with newfound contentment of being newly married. She filled her parting with sindoor. She took the mangalsutra from the table and tied it around her neck. She quickly bent forward to stick the red Bindi on her forehead withthe utmost attention. After lining her eyes with kohl she glanced at herself, adjusting the saree once more. Her hair was dripping wet so she didn't bother to style them. The bangles of her red and white chudaa clinked as she roughly threaded her fingers through them to detangle them a bit. Her face was glowing with the excitement of her newly wedded life. She was clad in a beautiful red and golden saree with eccentric patterns of henna adorning her hands. She took a last look on herself and gave a sweet smile before leaving.

The ping of the notification on her phone brought her back to reality. She saw her own reflection in the mirror. The girl she saw in the mirror was so cheerful and innocent contrasting to her gloomy and sullen personality. She had hopes and dreams twinkling in her eyes for a new beginning while on the other side, she didn't even look like she was married. No sindoor, no mangalsutra, no chudaa, nothing which symbolized their espousal. She was dressed up like she does every other day wearing a simple cotton teal-coloured Kurti with off white palazzo pants, her face devoid of make-up except for a light-shaded lip gloss, all of these conveying how hollow her life had become.

After neatly combing her hair, she checked for the notification which informed her of the meeting scheduled for the day. Grabbing all her things, she locked the door from outside and rushed downstairs. She went towards the dining table to have her breakfast only to find that Sameer had already left, much to her relief. It would have been uneasy for her to face him.

Ramdhari had noticed her reserved behaviour previously too but chose to say nothing. He felt bad for her that she had no one to talk to.

"Kaisa laga aapko khana, Bhabhi?

She paused eating. Bhabhi. The word felt foreign to her ears. He was the only one who had acknowledged her as his bhabhi which made her feel content.

"Bohot achha laga..." She gave him a warm smile.

Ramdhari gave her an uncertain look, "Hume pata hai aap humara mann behlane ke liye bol rahi hain. Sameer baba aur Nanaji toh humesha hi kami nikalte rehte the."