inexactitude

based on the novel the scarlet letter,  I want you to write a four page personal essay by next monday" said george,  mr andrews 'preferably'.

I collected my things, knowing anto was about to take them off my hands in the next second or two.

"let me" anto slung his bag on his shoulder and took my back with the other arm.  I smiled in appreciation. 

Anto, my soon to be two year boyfriend was pretty close to perfectly amazing in every single way.  The way his hair was tossed messily around as if he just woke up like that,  the way his smile could bring any girl to swoon.  His built BUILT bod! as in hes pretty huge.  the way he cheats on me every other weekend,  the way he thinks I don't know.. Well I guess that's all down to me,  I don't exactly confront him. Yeah,  my boyfriend is pretty darn close to perfect…

"Veronica? " , I turned at the sound of my name,  it was allana. I raised my eyebrows for her to continue.

"Want to come out with us tonight? " she asked. Out,  thats all I did was go out. I could hardly sit at home knowing what anto was possibly doing..

"Oh yeah, sure! I'll come find you at lunch V " I smiled and headed after anto to my next class.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" I asked into when we were seared in ms bouse's chem lab.

He turned at me and smiled genuinly "no,  just going to mind the little bro for my mom.. I would say come over,  but,  the mother wouldn't allow it.. She wants me to give him my full attention " he put his arm around me and missed my cheek. "But im totally free for the whole weekend, let's hang out.. What do You say? " he whispered in my ear.

"Sounds good babe" I accepted his kiss on my lips then acted pre occupied with listening to ms Bouse.

Later that day I had finished my homework,  and decided to start getting ready for tonight. I applied an even amount of makeup,  careful not to go over board. I went for a light bronze/nude lip colour and a slight smokey eye.  I had sallow skin so I could pull of dark makeup. As I was waiting for my curler to heat up I got a call from alanna

"Hey V, Ben broke up with me " she let out a deep sigh.

"Oh my god,  Alanna are you alright?" I quickly replied.

"Oh yeah,  I'm good.. Just a bit fed up with life and BOYS! " she clearly exclaimed the 'boys' fact.

"Your too good for him.. He's just a-"

"Its alright, I don't need a pep talk " she cut me off.  " I need something different,  you know? " I heard her sigh again. "I know you won't be aloud, but can we head to the city tonight?  " she asked wearily.

Being pre occupied with thinking about anto's where abouts I simply said " ill do whatever makes you happy babe"

An hour later I was texting my mom to let her know i was staying the night in Alannas as I headed to the bus stop. I had to admit, I was scared. Though I felt quite wild, and free. I rarely stepped out of my comfort zone. I was Veronica layson, girlfriend to Anthonie harley the most popular guy at school. Always had brown hair, average weight and height. Nothing too special, I enjoyed status quo. I beleived everything happens for a reason and sat back to let fait takes its course.

"Hey, you look so good!" Alanna said when we met at the bus stop.

"Aww thanks babe, you too!" I was wearing black hightweisted leather pants, a nude high neck belly top and a small black blazer. She was wearing a black lace playsuit that showed off her amazing long legs. "So do you know where were going?" I asked checking the time on my micheal kors watch Anthonie baught me for christmas.

"I have a fairly good idea " she giggled. "We can ask for directions anyway " she smiled to reassure me.

The bus arrived in the next five minutes and we excitedly hopped on.

"Whats Anto up to tonight? " she queeried looking in her pocket mirror.

"Babysitting Mason " I knew that wasnt all he was going to be doing. he tells me his mom doesnt like him having me over while hes watching mason, but im great with kids! Plus I saw a text on his phone at break fron Sandra asking what time she should come over. I pretended not to see. I dont know what it is. Do I love him too much to lose him over this? Do I just like regularity, not able to shake up my life? Am I just stupid and have no self respect? I ask my self these questions all the time, but at the end of the day I know he loves me and doesnt want to lose me. He is really good to me..

It took about fourty minutes to reach the city. we could sence this low humming, and almost buzzing feel. This place was alive!

"Excuse me ?" Alanna asked a passing cute guy. " could you point us in the direction of Class A? " she said in a flirting tone.

"Never heard of it, sorry ladies" he replied with a smile.

Alanna turned to me, confused. I asked the next person..a girl around the same age as us.

"No clue, ye should try the roxy though, thats where im heading " she replied.

Alanna was asking a group of guys if they knew. One spoke up saying his cousin goes there.

"Yeah shes engaged to the owner" he was looking at Alanna. "Its down near bensons hotel on york street. " he was still eyeing her, she was doing the same back.

"Okay, thanks " I said linking Alanna and walking us away. We headed towards york street.

"My poor heals " i sighed, my nee nude pumps were not cut out for this extensive walking.

"Its just up here" Alanna assured me.

Sure enough the Benson hotel came in to view. Class A, class a..CLASS A !there it was looking glamerous and classy. We looked at each other not sure what to think.

" where did you hear about this place again? " I asked her giggeling.

"In a cosmopolitan magazine my mom had " we both laughed..this wasnt our scene at all! But we decided to check it out anyway.

The bounser accepted our fake IDs stating were twenty two and we headed up a set of steps layed with red carpet, I ran my hand along the gold banister. Another man at the top of the stairs offered us a glass of champaigne each and opened the double black doors. We clinked our glasses together and took a swig of the delicious champaigne. I swayed my hips to the music. All around us stood men in fancy suits and shirts and women in gorgeous dresses and shoes. I could see labels everywhere!

We headed to the bar to buy a stronger drink, really was not our scene.

"What can I get you? " the bartender asked in a posh accent.

"an appletini please " I layed my card on the counter. But a guy reached past me and handed the man his card.

"Hey!" i exclaimed

"Im arvicshore, carl arvicshore "he put out his hand for me to shake. I took it in mine

"Layson, Veronica Layson " he smiled and kissed the back of my hand. "and

This is my friend Alanna"

"Would you and your friend care to join our table? "he offered. I looked past him to see a group of extremely rich and sophisticated looking people. I smiled and accepted, collecting our drinks me and Alanna made our way over with him. I made sure to keep my posture tall and walk straight. I slip in to the curved couch next to an extremely goodlooking guy, his skin was a light chocolate tone, he wore a black suit jacket and neat jeans.

"Hello, Im charlie " he reached to shake my hand.

"Veronica " i smiled back. I took a sip of my drink smiling at everyone at the table as they greeted us. Male and female, though the female were considerably less friendly. Alanna was straight into talking to this broad chisseled man with salo skin and a neat greay shirt.