Chapter 4

Art Credits to Freesmooches on youtube

John POV

It's about noon now and Alex has been in his room for at least an hour so I decide to knock on his door. "Hi, you wanna grab some coffee? There's a cafe that my friend works at nearby." I say as he pokes his head out of his room. He smiles lightly and nods. "Sure let me just grab a hoodie."

Time skip brought to you by ducks cuz why not

Ah shit, it's really cold, why didn't I bring something warmer-

I try to hide my shivering but John notices, "You cold?"

"Kind of...It's a lot hotter in the Caribbean."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it eventually, but for now you can have this," he says as he takes off his coat and drapes it over my shoulders. 

"Thanks," I mutter, trying to hide the fact that my face is bright red. 

"My hands are kind of cold too..." I whisper, a slight smirk creeping onto my face. Wait, what?! Why the heck did I just say that, oh god-

"I can help with that." He whispers back, matching my expression. 

what

He pulls me over to a nearby bench and gestures for me to sit. Once I do, he takes my hands in his own and slowly begins caressing my knuckles with his thumbs.

"Beautiful view, right?" he mutters staring at the sparkling lake in front of us. "I know mine is," I whisper, looking up at his gorgeous freckled face which is currently bright red.

John POV

I hate feelings. Whenever I even look at him, I feel my stomach squirm, my heart beats faster, and my face heats up. I barely even know the guy!

"Let's go get that coffee, shall we?" I say, jumping up. He smiles and nods and we continue on our way in comfortable silence, all the while still holding hands.

Alex POV

John opens the door and looks around, his eyes finally landing on a shortish girl standing behind the counter. He smiles broadly and pulls me over. "HI PEG-LEG!!!" he screeches, the girl jumps, clearly startled then playfully glares at John.

 "Don't call me Peg-Leg," She whines, letting out an exasperated groan.

 "Oooh, who's this?" She exclaims, looking at me.

 "I'm Alex. John and I are roommates," I say politely. 

"Oh my god, they were roommates! Well, I'm Peggy Schuyler, John is my best friend if you hurt him I will personally strangle you, And don't hit on me, I'm a raging homosexual...then again it looks like you are too." She says, smirking at John and I's intertwined hands. We both go bright red and let go as she holds back giggles. "Anyways, what can I get you guys?"

A/N this is what Peggy looks like v

Art credit to Marawernis on Instagram

Peggy's POV

I've known John since high school, he's pretty much family. I know John like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind. And I see how he looks at Alex.

And I ship it.

[Edited]

Sorry, short chapter with a lot of POV changes

-Plush👽

544 words