22. 'I sensed some tension here'

Start from the beginning

"And you know this how? You dodn't even know who you love," I spat out angrily.

Lau's face contorted in hurt but she pushed through, "But I know that I love you and I just wanna help you," my heart fell but I was too pissed off to say something, "I know is your birthday trip but Shane is coming with us. You're not being fair. You made a mistake, deal with it." She gave her back to me and walked to the door, "Evan already knows, I explained to him about the cabin situation and he understood. I'll be downstairs." And with that, she left.

I couldn't believe what had just happened. I'd never had such heated argument with Lau. Was she right? She couldn't be... I didn't... I mentally sighed, pushing all thoughts away. I didn't want to think about anything, I just wanted to enjoy my trip.  

A part of me ached at the thought of Lau being mad at me or the other way around. She was like my sister, her opinion was really important to me but I decided not to dwell on it. I knew we would fix things, years of friend-ship couldn't end because one argument, right?

As I shoved things in my bag, I wondered if she was right. Was I being stubborn? Was I attracted in a way to Shane? I knew for sure my feelings for Evan were bigger than anything but what if Lau was right about the being attracted to others' theory.

I groaned, finishing my bag, "Stop overthinking, Jules. Enjoy your birthday trip." I commanded myself but my mind kept racing. Did Evan really agree to this? Awkwardness was going to be on a high level then. I wasn't only concerned about Shane, there was Nash as well. The last time I saw him, he told me he was interested in me. What was wrong with boys? Before Evan, I was all alone. No one wanted me. I hadn't even been kissed for God sakes. But since the moment I got a boyfriend, guys just kept coming after me. First, it was Shane, then Nash and even that creepy texter. Did they want what they can't have? Was that what was happening?

I blew out some strands of hair from my face and headed downstairs. It was time to face everyone.

After an eternity of pavement, two gas stations, six bags of Ruffles and two naps, we finally arrived to our destination. My butt was so numb, Evan could go all Christian Grey on it and I wouldn't feel a thing.

As I stepped out of Evan's car, I realized I wasn't the only one with the numbing sensation problem. Jason was limping, Lau was slapping her arm in attempt to wake it up and Jordan was punching Shane's leg to watch him writhe in pain.

The only ones to seem perfectly alright were the Sullivan twins. I gawked at them as they stared at us in silence. Nash wore black pants with a dark blue sweater, he had his hands inside his pants' pockets. Nadia wore black leggings and a long dark blue tank top than reached past her thighs. Yes, their clothes matched. Was that a twin thing? I had no idea. They looked creepily perfect and neat. Were they going to kill us during our sleep? I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Ow! Fuck! My arm!" Jane whined behind me. Yes, she was coming with us. Why? I didn't know. Maybe it was Evan's revenge for letting Shane come.

"What's wrong?" Evan asked, closing the driver's door.

Jane turned to him, "I can't feel my arm, E." I mimicked her words without producing a sound. Helen was still inside the car, grabbing her purse. I was so focused on everyone that I hadn't taken a look around and when I did, I was dazzled.

If heaven really existed, then it was something similar to this place. Pine trees surrounded us, almost hiding the beautiful mountains all around us. The grass looked green and fresh. There were smaller trees next to the pines with flowers and unknown fruits for me. Cold wind brushed past us, and I took a deep breath in, its smell of pure nature made me close my eyes in delight. I walked to the guys, leaving whining Jane, Evan and Helen behind.