11. We've got Einstein son among us!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

-Maya Angelou. 

✪ Growing up 

Chapter Eleven

I didn’t speak.

I didn’t say a word, not even when the power came back on and we all gathered back in the living room.

I was mute for about twenty minutes. When Evan asked if I was okay, I would simply nod my head. I couldn’t look him in the eye without feeling like the worst person on Earth.

Even when that kiss had been out of pity and I felt nothing, I still felt like I failed him. And Evan did not deserve that at all. He had enough with everything he had been through. I’d always despised cheaters and that turned me into the biggest hypocrite in the planet. It was a good thing, he had gone to the kitchen to make some coffee.

My boyfriend loves coffee.

I was drowning in self-loathing when the front door was swung opened. I looked at the two tall guys standing in it. They were my school’s popular boys, the best football players in town. They were both wearing dark clothes which I found weird. They weren’t fan of that color, in fact, that was the first time I’d seen them in black.

“Surprise!” Jordan exclaimed, walking inside. His hair was slightly wet from the rain. Shane followed his friend, but said nothing which was also weird. Shane was not the shy type. I narrowed my eyes at them. Lau was the one to say what we were all thinking.

“You!” she aimed her finger at them, “You were pranking us, weren’t you?”

Jordan gave her an innocent smile, “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he glanced at Shane, “Right, man?”

“Not a clue,” Shane said, shrugging, “We just got here,”

“Seriously? And you’re both conveniently dressed in black?” Lau huffed, and folded her arms across her chest.

“We were in a black theme party,” Shane replied, keeping his eyes anywhere but me. I wanted to say something but my voice failed me.

Jason groaned, “You scared the hell out of us,”

“Us?” Nadia cocked an eyebrow, “More like you,”

Jason glared at her, “We were all scared, I was the only one to admit it,”

“There is a difference between admitting it and showing it.” Nash spoke, sitting on the couch.

Lau rolled her eyes, “Let’s get serious. Guys, were you behind the whole thing?”

“Do you really need to ask?” Nash intervened, looking bored, “They did it.”

“Again, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jordan said, reaching Lau to give her a peck but she took a step back. When he tried to come closer again she placed a hand on his chest.

“Kisses are suspended for you,” Lau informed. Jordan pouted.

“We didn’t do anything,” Shane stood up for his friend, “You have no proof,”

Nash got on his feet, shaking imaginary dust from his pants. He walked towards Shane confidently. We all watched him in pure silence.

“Nash, don’t,” Nadia reached for her brother but he was already facing Shane.