6 - A Little Chat

Hey, apology for the lack of updates! I'll try updating more, but writer's block is a jerk.
So, after this chapter, I'll get in a little side thing of research logs for lore and plot purposes in hopefully tomorrow as I go onto chapter 7??

» «

"Listen here KFC-" Framework had started, growling softly.

"KFC? Wait, how do you even know what that is?" Elan raised an eyebrow, setting his eyes on the creature.

"Not important—- Nightmare set his eyes on you. I mean, pretty gay if you ask me, but he wants to take you." The entity had just been casually leaning back into their chair, seemingly pretty uninterested in everything.

"I see...- Waitactuallywhat-" Elan hadn't properly registered the information at first, but then realized what Framework was telling him.

"Yeah, he wants you get captured or whatever..." Framework had carelessly spoke, leaning so far back into his chair he actually fell over.

"Pfft- Okay, so Mr. Fall out of your chair... Do you know why exactly Nightmare's after me?" The player crossed his arms, staring at the creature's face.

"Well, you're a player after all aren't you?"

Elan went dead silent for a moment, before recomposing himself. "How do you what a player is? Or worse- Does Nightmare know what...?"

"I'm not your average line of code Elan, I might know this whole entire would of ours is just a little game to the likes of people like you, but no. Nightmare Steve doesn't realize that, The Darkness doesn't realize that, no one in this world truly understands that." His voice had become low and serious, having an actual care in his tone for once as the monster spoke.

"No one except you, and why's that? How do you know what I am? How do you know that you're...?"

"Oh, I'm plenty real, but I'm limited to this game, this single world of yours. A line of code, something that resides in your little Minecraft world is all I ever was, and all I ever will be. But I suppose I learned a thing or two in my many lives? It gets blurry when I try to think back on it." For a moment, just a moment, the creature's eyes drew back giving him this saddening and almost pitiful look. However, it was just a moment.

"Right, okay then- Is there anything else you need to tell me besides a warning?" Elan tilted his head, curious to hear anything more from Framework.

"The Darkness is coming back, there's no way to truly rid of it. Sure, Rainbow Steve can always whip up some of his magic and disintegrate them, but they always come back better. It can be sealed away or banished, but eventually it'll come back. You're especially one of their targets, since they can't infect you necessarily... However, they're working on it." Framework grimaced, sighing for a moment.

"They're... working on it?" Elan's eyes widened a bit.

"Listen, I don't have that much more time, or else they'll start suspecting where I've gone—- But if you've been hearing voices, receiving pounding headaches, extreme paranoia, or getting hallucinations, you're not going crazy. It is a bad sign however, and you should stick around your buddies."

"Right... Anything else you need to tell me?" The player questioned.

"One last thing- I can get you information, inside of Nightmare Steve's base where you can bring it down from the inside. Where there's a possibility of coming up with a way to solving this once and for all- However, I can do it at the moment. I have a plan, but it just requires trust. I know you can't trust me Elan, but you're willing to see through with obtaining information and screwing the king over aren't you?"

"Maybe I am-"

"Right... Listen just-" Framework sighed, before digging through a hidden satchel he had. There, he pulled out a small digital pad. "This is to contact me when you wanna see it through. The offer will always stand, just don't tell anyone else. I don't want any word getting out, and I especially don't want Nightmare to think of me as traitorous and therefore expendable. So, just keep this as our little secret and if you wanna truly finish things off, my offer will always be on the table. For now I have to go." He slid the pad onto the table, before standing up.

"Wait-" Elan glanced down to the digital pad, before looking up to call out to Framework. However, any trace of him was completely gone. So, there the player was. Standing alone in the woods with nothing but himself and the song of the creatures of the forest to accompany him.

Why did Frame know so much about him, and why was he helping him?

Elan just sighed to himself, storing the pad away in his inventory and heading back to the direction of the Rainbow Hub. Last he checked, mobs from the Nether were attacking so he'd have to see if that was dealt with and cleaned up-

Of course Elan wasn't going to trust Framework, not at first. He'd have to earn the trust, but if the creature was truly being sincere.. Well, them he'd be willing try and put a final stop to things. Until then, things were peaceful with just him, Rainbow Steve, Gerald, and all the other steves. It was quiet, beside the voices and hallucinations... The nightmares and horrible feeling someone was watching him.

Framework said The Darkness was trying to find a way around his immunity towards them- What if they'll manage to, or already found a way to? Would he even be saved the same way, or would he have to meet the death screen?

Does Framework truly have noble intentions, or was he just trying to manipulate him? Trust me, Elan was no idiot. He could see through almost anyone's facade, however.. Framey seemed genuine. Especially when he grimaced over harder topics for himself to explain, he seemed almost upset for a moment. Yet, he tried to hide any of the emotions, as if he'd be afraid to show weakness. It was either that, or he's simply someone almost impossible to see through.

Whatever- That concern would come up later, right now he just to—- Well, get rid of the sudden pounding headache that practically screamed at Elan.

A sudden rustling nearby snapped the player of his train of thought, as the chicken suited man glanced around. "Frame, you still here dude?"

Silence.

» «

Ahahaha
I'm so tired

Okay bye, have a good day/night, and stay safe y'all.