Prologue

There was a prophecy, a being from a different world would come to bring peace between the Steves. He would save them, make a hero to end the darkness once and for all.

However, a forgotten part of the legend that had been washed away in the sands of time said should he feel unwanted after the darkness is vanquished, the shadows cast by the hero will fall darkly upon him. The light wouldn't even be able to free him from such a prison.

Sometimes, people drift apart. Mistakes and things you regret having said happen, and in the end.. Fate can be quite cruel, can't it?

» «

"This ends now." Once the most powerful Orange Steve, now Rainbow Steve, stood there. His eyes glowed ferociously, as he glared at the Nightmare King and Dark Steve. The two were cornered like animals, all that was left of the darkness as Rainbow Steve had already expunged everything else.

The true yellow king, Rainbow Red, Blue Steve, Indigo Steve, Violet or Purple Steve, and the most powerful Green Steve stood by his side. Sabre, of course, had also been there. However, he was sitting farther away on the sidelines where none of their magic could hit him. Just being moral support, as he was- to say the least, a little useless in this situation.

Using all of the combined powers, Nightmare Steve was banished. The darkness that plagued his very heart removed, as he was sent to another world where he would hurt them no longer. Dark Steve had evaded the blast, and ran.

He ran right into the direction of Sabre, and when they charged up again, the villain tackled the non-steve. He growled, "This isn't over!" Immediately after that, he disappeared into thin air, leaving on the assistant of the Nightmare King behind.

"Sabre, are you alright?" Orange Steve asked, as Green Steve proceeded to check his body for any damage. He found nothing, turning to shrug at the others to let them know.

"Uh- Y-Yeah... Yeah, I'm good. But.. you guys finally did it, you finally beat the darkness!" Sabre smiled softly, adjusting his bandanna to make sure it still covered his eyes. Of course he could see through it, the material was very thin, although sometimes it was a bother at night. However, he wore it like that for his own reasons.

Sabre was also quite careful on his wordplay, not wishing to include himself. After all, what did he do? He was just there watching the whole time, the Steves were the ones with real power. He didn't beat the darkness, they did. He simply helped them come together, that's all that he was good for. And now? Now, what was his purpose?

Rainbow Steve cracked a smile, "I think this calls for a well deserved celebration!" He clapped his hands together, as everyone excitedly nodded in agreement.

The hero used his magic to bring everyone to the Rainbow Hub where they brought some more friends to complete the party.

» «

Sabre watched as music blasted, and Steves danced happily. Playing games, messing around. "Looks like they're having fun, huh Gerald?" He turned back to the pig that tilted their head and oinked softly at the man in the chicken costume.

He gave a soft sigh, "I should tell them, but I don't wanna be a mood killer...." The man let his hand ruffle through his messy brown hair, as he had his other hand perched on the fencing to Gerald's pen.