7.| silence

"Lisa, have you ever lost someone very dear to you?"

Chaeyoung's question rang on Lisa's ears. Losing someone? Is her father included?

After all, can you lose someone you never had?

Thinking about it, she never considered the thought of having a father. Although it's true that she got a lot of father figure to list, her uncle, her grandfather, Mr. Type, the kind fisherman neighbor, and more. Growing up, she didn't really felt like she lacks of something. Maybe just some times, when kids tease her about her runaway father, other than that, she's fine.

So did she really lose him? Or he lost her? Her mom is beautiful and kind, she's the most genuine person she knows, she's an angel in her eyes. That adds up to her confusion as to why her father decided to leave them. However, thinking about him makes her upset, of course, she feels like it would be better to have him around- but shit happens, the other side of her brain thought.

"I don't know, no idea."
Finally, she answered. The safest, most cliché choice of words. Then she remembered, "What does this have to do with Jungkook, anyway?"

Chaeyoung palmed her chin, her fingers tapped on the wooden desk.
"Well I don't really know if I have the right to tell you."

"If it's too personal, I understand, it must be a secret."
She's more than curious, okay? But she's not the type to squeeze informations from others, especially that it's none of her business. Questions tick her mind, did Jungkook lose somebody?

-

Jimin popped a bottle of cola open, after chugging some of it, he looked at Jungkook quietly typing on his laptop.
"We're here to have fun, nerd."

Jungkook rolled his eyes subtly, the school competition is nearing, he cannot slack off. He joined 5 out of the 10 categories, there's little to no time left.

He wants to regret his decision, but he cannot lose this chance to prove himself more. Back in the days, Namjoon would win every contest he joins, that means he cannot lose any of these.

Last week, he had a meeting with the board of directors, they were arguing about which competition should he join. In the end, he cannot pick and chose 5, Mathematics, Triathlon, Debate, Chess, and Quiz Bee. He is yet to make it up to his music teacher Ms. Lee, because he refused joining any competitions involving the subject.

Fuck music.

He remembered how Ms. Lee looked betrayed, she shouldn't be, he thought. It's been a long time since he stopped playing instruments and he has no plans of doing again soon.

"Anyway, you met Lisa already." Jimin shooted a basketball to the ring, they have different arcade games in the room, they even have a personal bed to rest on.

Jungkook didn't answer, he heard it of course, aside from the fact that he's busy, he doesn't want to talk about her.

She's been in his mind pretty frequently lately, he hates it. Even in his dreams. Her way of plucking the guitar and her voice brought back memories he long ago buried. He thought he's over the nightmares only for that girl to make them resurface.

"It's weird," Taehyung commented, his eyes focused on the screen while his hands are controlling the console, "Lisa seems to not like JK."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, that's understandable, he thought. He was an ass when they first met. He doesn't think it's his fault though.

"What do you mean?"
Jimin jumped on the seat beside Tae, observing him playing.

"Her smile is different. It's as if it's almost, uhh, how do I word this? Mocking."

Jungkook scoffed, Jimin heard it.
"Wait a minute, do you guys met before?"
Jimin is as confused as a newborn chick. Bless his soul.

"No."
He won't admit what he did to her, he has a reputation to keep. To other people's eyes, Jungkook is the charismatic president that is always nice with girls. A wholeass gentleman. Of course his friends question it, especially Taehyung that is the most observant. They soon let him off by convincing themselves that he's just a flirty grumpy coconut.

"Excuse me, I'll get some juice."

-

"Well he doesn't really keep it a secret so maybe I can tell you. Jungkook had a-"

"I dare you speak more, Chaeyoung."
Jungkook appeared behind Chaeyoung looking grim. Chaeng made an awkward grin and hid behind Lisa that is clueless. Her emotions instantly changed to annoyance as she realized it's the handsome devil in front of her.

The guy rolled his eyes for the nth time this day. Go and continue being a salty biss and roll your eyes until it pop out your sockets, Lisa thought. As if hearing her silent remarks, Jungkook glared at her. She glared back.

"Wellll, maybe I got to check on Jiminie, hehe."
Chaeyoung ran in attempt of escaping the deadly vibes Jungkook is emitting.

Jungkook pulled the refrigerator's door open, his left hand resting on his pockets. He made a quick scan, and found his conclusion of picking a banana milk carton. He puffed his cheeks in satisfaction after poking the drink open.

"What are you looking at?"
He said with a grouchy voice.

Lisa is observing him, his face, his overall state.

"W.. what."
Jungkook felt bothered by her silence, he's not the type to feel insecure, but the way she is staring at him, he felt obnoxious.

Lisa sighed, "How many days has it been?"

"Huh?"

"Or should I say how many nights have you been awake?"

Jungkook stepped back, it felt as if he got caught, the feeling of being caught by your parents when you're lying? That's the best description for what he is feeling right now.

"What.. what are you saying?"
He avoided Lisa's gaze like a child afraid to get scolded.

"Look at your eyes, your hands are trembling too, are you planning to kill yourself?"

Jungkook snapped his head towards.
"Why do you even care? It's none of your business."

"Well if you suddenly collapse in front of me it surely is my business, Mr. President."

"I'm fine, if that's what you want to hear."

"No you are not."

"How do you even know what is and what's not true about me?"

"I just know."

"You shouldn't care."

"Well, screw you, because I do."
Just when she thought Jungkook is about to rebut, Lisa was welcomed with an uncomfortable silence... For the first time, Jungkook was silenced.