Chapter 2

Found another victim but no one's gonna find Miss Jackson.

--

Luke knows he can't be with Ashton, it would be a disaster. he would either end up loving Ashton to ruins or not loving him enough. And the boy is too precious for that.

"How long have you been staring at your phone?" Michael walks into their living room with a can of Pepsi in his hand and nothing but boxers on. Luke looks up and rolls his eyes when seeing the boy with barely any clothing on.

"How long have you gone without wearing pants?" The blonde boy retorts with a smirk on his face, looking back down at his phone with a dark screen.

Michael sits down next to Luke and sets his feet on the table in front of the couch, even though Luke has told him about three hundred times not to do that.

"I'm sorry you're touchy, don't kill me." Michael tries to keep his laughter in but he ends up rolled over on the couch, clutching his stomach with watery eyes, he even spills a drip of Pepsi on their couch.

"Shut up. I hate you." Luke says, glaring at the red haired boy.

After Michael's laughing fit, he grabs the television remote and turns on the news, flipping through the channels until something catches his eye.

"Luke! It's you!" He says with wide eyes and slaps Luke's arm. The blond-boy hushes his friend and watches the screen intently.

"The serial killer known under the name of Mister Jackson has believed to kill, yet another victim. Twenty year old Jason Welch was found dead on the sidewalk of Ontario Street earlier this morning. The initials 'M J' were scratched into his wrists. This is the third victim in the past six months that has had these markings. The police have said to have no lead on the killer yet but if you have any information, please contact the police. We suggest not being alone outside after eight o'clock."

Michael turns off the television and looks over at Luke with a mixed look. Something between angry and disappointed.

"I don't want to be lectured." Luke tells Michael who still has the same coldness lingering in his green eyes.

"Luke, you need to stop! One person was awful, two was even worse, but three? These are people's lives! They have parents, brothers, sisters, children, Luke! And on top of that, they're going to find you and put you in jail for the rest of your life." His best friend trailed off and rubbed his hands over his face. "You need to stop now. It looks like you didn't give them any leads so if you stop now then they probably won't find you."

Luke then looks at the floor showing some sign of regret, but not enough. Michael was so disappointed in Luke for killing people and he knows that, he just doesn't know what to say. In Luke's mind, he had a reason.

In frustration, Michael walks to his room and slams his door, causing Luke to flinch at the sound. He sits back in the couch, turning on the television again, avoiding the news channel.

--

Meanwhile, Ashton is in his room with his laptop sitting on his lap, watching some random movie that he couldn't care less about,

Halfway though the boring movie, Ashton grabs his cell phone from somewhere's in his tangled sheets. He clicks the power button on his phone, ignoring the Instagram notifications. When he swipes open his phone, he remembers that he hasn't texted Luke yet and bites his lip, contemplating whether or not he should.

Ashton decides against beating himself up about it and opens the iMessage app on his phone, typing "Luke" and sending him a quick message that he may or may not have put a bit much too thought into.

To: Luke
Hey:)
sent at 5:47pm

He set his phone down, searching for another movie to watch because bordem has certainly overcome Ashton. He does have a social life, but he would much rather watch movies by himself than be surrounded by annoying people in public.

After he starts the new movie he finds, Ashton feels his phone buzz next to him and smiles when he sees Luke's name on the screen of his phone.

From: Luke
Hi Ashton
sent at 5:53pm

The two boys talk back and forth for hours on end until Ashton tells Luke that he needs to sleep because they both had school the next day, sadly not the same one.

Within those few hours of the two boys talking, they learned a lot about each other and Luke made Ashton laugh a lot. On top of that, the two boys flirted back and forth endlessly and Ashton blushed more than he laughed.

Before falling asleep, the curly haired boy makes sure his homework is done and turns on his television, laying down.

He thinks about the cute texts that the blond boy sent him earlier and smiles, falling asleep fast with a smile on his face.

--

The next morning, Ashton groans at the early time that he has to wake up at and stands up off of his bed but then feels even more tired, causing himself to lay down on the floor and put his hands under his head, trying not to sleep.

Ten minutes later, the boy pulls himself up and groans while putting on a random pair of black skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt, not caring if they're clean or not.

After the boy gets ready, he grabs his backpack and heads out the front door, careful not to wake the rest of his family considering his parents work at ten in the morning and his siblings go to school later than him.

He stepped outside of his house and stood there, seeing his bus driving up the road to his house. The bus stopped in front of him and Ashton got on, greeting the bus driver with a smile.

Ashton walked to the back of the bus and sat down in the same seat that he sits in everyday, in the back and across from Calum.

"I really need to get a car." Ashton sighs puts his feet on the seat so nobody can sit next to him.

After the curly haired boy puts his headphones in, he feels his phone buzz and smiles wide when he sees who the text message is from.

From: Luke
Have a great day, Ash. I'll talk to you later.
sent at 7:08am

He blushed and giggled, sending him a text message back saying thank you. He could feel eyes on him so he looked up to see a smirking Calum.

"Someone's gotta crush." He sing-songed and Ashton just flipped him off.