Part Two [Pretty Boy]

"Yo, who let the fag in here?"

"He's trying out for the team. Leave him."

"Sticking up for your boyfriend, Finn?"

"I said shut up."

A shoving frenzy began with more completely unecessary overused insults...and then I finally saw what was causing such a goddamn commotion.

A boy stood behind this Finn. With his small figure, well-groomed appearance (unlike everyone else in the room) and confident stance, I guess he did look sort of gay- still, it's not fair to assume. I couldn't just stand there, it would go against...well, me. I got up on a bench.

"Technically- you didn't actually say that."

"Who do you think you are?" Finn called loudly and everyone turned to me.

I shrugged. "Just needed you all to stop talking."

"Princess needs his beauty sleep," somebody said- weeks on this team and I don't think I know any of their names. I'm terrible with names, and I also don't care. I do know Finn's though, because he gets made fun of all the time.

"Princess," someone else scoffed. "Finally a name that works for him."

"Nice one."

"So Princess, who's your Prince?" They taunted.

"Well, I don't know yet. It's only the first episode here on The Bachelor." I said.

"Fag," someone finally pushed me off.

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH- OUTSIDE!" Coach came in and yelled. Mission succeeded, I got these asses off of Pretty Boy's back. Better mine then his. I smiled at him before walking out after everyone else, and the corner of his mouth curved up to smile back at me.

"Guys, this is Kurt. He might be our new kicker." Coach explained. "Deal with it- I don't want to hear a word from any of you. Hudson, set this up." He threw the ball at Finn, who did as he was told. "Good luck, Kid." Coach gave Pretty Boy a slap on the back.

"Thank you." He smiled widely. I admired his confidance. Everyone seems to hate him, yet he stands tall and remains polite. So unlike me- I immediately resort to being an ass right back. He barely seems to be affected by their comments. In that way, he's more like me. Doesn't give a single shit about what others think. I couldn't help but grin, and I hadn't even seen what was coming next yet.

He approaches the ball as one would, takes a deep breath, but instead of kicking the ball...throws his hand in the air and calls, "Music!"

All of our faces turn to shock, Finn hides behind his hands (he obviously saw this coming!) as All The Single Ladies by Beyoncé blasts across the field, and Pretty Boy begins to dance. Yeah, no joke.

"Woah," I chuckle, in utter disbelief. There's more confidence in this guy than I had suspected.

The other boys start slapping each other's arms as boys do and laughing out insults. However I was completely mesmerised. And then, he finally kicks the ball. All of our heads turn to watch it fly across the field, right over the upright- a perfect kick.

I smiled, impressed. That'll show them. First I come around and steal their quarterback position, now Pretty Boy comes along and can kick better than any of us. I turned to see him smiling brightly. There was silence on the field until coach yelled exitedly. "Welcome to the team, Kid!"

Pretty Boy jumps with joy and gives Finn a really big hug, but Finn shoves him off. Still, his smile dosen't fade.

I made sure to catch him before he left. "Hey- that was really impressive out there. Congrats."

"Oh, thank you," His voice is kind of high, it's sort of cute. And his eyes are a really pretty shade of blue. And now that he's in front of me, I can really tell how small he is.

"No problem. And, uh, what's your name again?" I ask.

He gives me a slightly strange look, then re-adjusts himself, and tells me. "It's Kurt."

Kurt. I made a mental note to try to remember that one.

"What's yours?"

"Cole," I said. "It's Cole."

•••