Chapter 3: Detention

Começar do início

"You were asleep for half the lesson today,"

"What about Brook?! You saw him sleeping, didn't you?"

"I understand why he's tired at school," Newgate breathed as he sat on the teacher's chair behind the desk "Brook has an after-school job, right? By the way...." a laugh from Brook was heard as his eyes traveled to the orange haired maiden standing just next to Luffy. "are you kids leaving, or do you want to stay as well?"

Nami blinked and cringed a smile, holding up her arms. "W-We're leaving, Mr Newgate. Thanks!" she hurried to the door with the others and without looking back, "Bye Luffy!"

Sanji dropped on the floor. "Nami-san...why didn't you...bid me farewell, too...?"

Outside the room, Franky helped Robin carry her bag for a while. She was fixing her uniform, but her eyes were fixated on the orange haired girl who recently said 'goodbye' to their friends inside. That girl had a slightly pink face and her palms were on her cheeks.

"Nami, are you okay?" Robin huffed and took her bag from Franky before mouthing 'thank you'.

Nami turned to her, "Y-Yeah I am...just hungry."

"I didn't know hunger can cause people to blush,"

"W-What?!" the tint on Nami's face darkened as she glanced at the remainder of her friends.

Chopper approached her, "Are you sick?"

"No!"

Usopp hummed.

"I'm not sick,"

"Yohohoho! Maybe you're just way too hungry,"

She smiled in relief, "See? Even Brook knows I'm just hungry."

They reached their usual table in the cafeteria. Nami sat down next to Robin while the boys sat with gaps between one another. They were saving seats for the three, despite knowing that Luffy would always sit across Nami; it was his territory.

Students from different year groups also took the benches near theirs.

"By the way," Robin started. "I was thinking if we could hang out later or tomorrow afternoon."

Usopp turned to her, "Where?"

"Hopefully in Whisky Peak," she retorted. It was one of the places in around that offered all kinds of things teenagers like them would dream of. From food to games, it was a hangout one might not refuse an offer from.

"Oh, I've always wanted to visit that!" Brook exclaimed followed by his iconic laugh. "Let's do later then, right Robin-san?"

"Hold on," Nami hissed, her voice a bit cracked from the sweet drink she was having for lunch. "we can't plan out things without Luffy – and the others. Sorry Robin."

The black haired girl chuckled. "No no, it's fine. I get you. It's not like we could do anything without Luffy, right?" she winked.

"I-It's nothing l-like that..." Nami mumbled.

Franky slurped his cola, "What was that, Nami?"

"N-Nothing!!!"

Jinbe added to the fun, "You're so red. Are you sick?"

"I have my meds here," they then glanced at Chopper who was innocent and clearly just offering Nami his own supply of medicines.

"That sounds SUPER inappropriate,"

But Nami was thankful for that, since everyone's attention was now on Chopper. Usopp and Brook were teasing him about the 'meds' while Robin and Jinbe were simply watching them with happy faces. Franky, on the other hand, was laughing at how Chopper was defensive as he realised what he just said.

===

"Hopefully you're telling me what Nami meant yesterday,"

LUFFY CHUCKLED AND crossed his hands on his chest as he leaned back on the seat, glancing at the groaning Sanji on the chair adjacent to his. The straw hat was to be found hanging around his neck by a string while he kept his gaze on the blonde bloke.

On the other side of the room was Zoro, unbothered and sleeping. Since he couldn't have Luffy's lunch order, nor his own, he decided it would be best if he could catch some Z's while he's alone. Well he wasn't alone; he's with his two annoying friends and they were being detained by their maths teacher.

"For the nth time, it's inappropriate." Sanji retorted and faced Luffy, his arm dangling over the back of the chair. "How would you feel if she looks at your underwear?"

"Nami wouldn't do that, and besides I'm fine with it. If she ever does."

Newgate cleared his throat, "What are we talking about?"

"Just women and their underwear,"

"Luffy!"

"I don't know why Brook was so fascinated by it, though..." the raven haired boy wondered and remembered the times when Brook asked Nami or Robin to show him their panties. "Oh that reminds me, Sanji! Don't you wanna see Nami's panties too?"

Blood gushed from Sanji's nostrils. "Shut up!!"

Newgate leaned back on his seat as he watched Luffy laugh at Sanji. He wasn't worried, though, because he had heard some stuff going on that Vinsmoke Sanji getting nosebleeds often was normal.

Sanji wiped the red liquid on his face with the tissues Newgate personally handed him. "Why are you so interested in it, anyway?" he asked.

Luffy thought for a while before replying, "Nami said it's not a good thing to look under girls' skirts."

"I-It's not," Sanji replied as he held back the urging blood in his nose once more. "Why, did something happen?"

"It's not like I meant for it to happen,"

He blinked at the raven haired boy who had his arms behind his head. "What do you mean?"

Luffy went on and told Sanji how Nami kicked the vending machine out of utter annoyance, getting his collar grabbed hold by the latter. He was simply telling him what happened though it didn't seem that Sanji was angry. If anything, he looked rather sad.

Zoro woke up just before the bell had rang. "Did I miss something?" he turned his head to the two who had a conversation he didn't hear. "Oh, curly brows why do you look depressed? Did Luffy do something stupid again?"

"Stupid...? More like 'lucky'."