The Hero

A/N Hello! So this is a Hetalia fan fiction, in case you couldn't tell. ^.^ Anyways, this isn't a real chapter. This is just a sampler to see if anyone likes the idea, so it relies entirely on feedback! I NEED YOU, readers, to tell me if I'm an idiot for liking this idea! The idea popped up when I was roleplaying and Romano called Canada "Snow Boy". Doesn't it sound like an awesome superhero name? HM? FOR ONCE CANADA'S THE HERO! TAKE THAT AMERICA!!! *cough* Uh, anyways, feedback feedback feedback! I cannot drill that enough into your reading brain! And I don't own Hetalia, obviously. If I did, Canada really WOULD be a superhero! ENJOY THE LOVELY STORY OF LOVELINESS!!!

~~~

Matthew Williams sat down in his normal seat during class. He was skipped during roll call and, of course, someone sat on him without knowing he was there. As good as a ghost... Every class. Every day. Every quarter. Every year. Nothing ever changed for the poor boy. It didn't matter what school he went to, or how many people he greeted, or even how well he did on his tests. The young man was cursed with invisibility. No, not literally! He simply was ignored every moment of his life. When he saw some of the other people getting picked on, boy was he thanking his lucky stars that he was invisible. But on a day like today, when everyone simply refused to acknowledge his existance, he wondered why. Why am I always being ignored? Why will no one talk to me? Class ended and he walked out, watching some poor kid getting beat up for money. Normally he would have at least asked the kid if he was alright afterwards, but he needed to hurry up and get to science class. Science was his favorite class, surprisingly. It was the only class where the teacher knew who he was. He made it into his seat just in time. The bell rang, signalling tardiness for the one or two kids who burst in after it rang. Roll call began, and close to the end of the list Mr. Kirkland called his name. "H-here," Matthew answered. Class continued, nothing extraordinary. When the bell rang again to let the students out, however, the teacher held him back. "Matthew? Would you stay behind after class?" Mr. Kirkland asked politely. Matthew nodded. The teacher stared at him for a moment or two. "Matt," he finally said. "I noticed not many people talk with you." Matthew nodded. "What would you say if I told you I could make people notice you?"

~~~

A/N I could have totally stopped it there... MAJOR WANNABE CLIFFHANGER!!! Haha, gotcha! Erm, you can ignore me from here on out... >.>

~~~

Matthew thought for a moment or two. "I-I dunno..." he stuttered. "I-I guess... W-what are y-you trying t-to say?" Mr. Kirkland smiled. "I was mixing some chemicals, and I discovered a strange liquid. It remained frozen solid in room temperature, and when dropped into a glass of water it froze the water as well. I then dropped it in boiling water, and it had the same effect. Put it in the air vent? It snows. Put it in a rabbit..." he trailed off. A look of shock replaced Matthew's previous look of wonder. "You froze a rabbit?" he asked, his volume raising a little. "No," the teacher corrected. "The rabbit froze it's drinking water the day after." Matthew went back to his previous expression of wonder. "I believe," Mr. Kirkland continued. "I believe that this mixture could very well change the course of humanity. And I think you're just the kid to wield that power." An awkward silence filled the room. "Why me?" Matthew finally asked. "Because," he said, holding out a vial that glowed bright blue. "Because you have what it takes. In here." He pointed to his heart, bringing a slight smile to Matthew's face. "With great power comes great responsibility, and I think the government is about as responsible as a five year old with a flame thrower in a bar. The government will find out soon though, and I need to get rid of it before they come for me." Matthew nodded in understanding. "O-okay... I'll d-do it," he answered, grabbing the vial and pulling out the cork. Mr. Kirkland smiled. "Good luck," he said, signifying that he was done talking. Matthew left, not knowing of the shenanigans that were about to unfold.