The King ~ Louis

I am going to take a walk with Miss Lilly," the new Unicorn said. He helped her up and took her into the woods, even though Cam protested. Before completely disappearing he looked at all the white Unicorns. "These are the friends of my Destiny. You are not to harm them at all while I am away."

He walked away, leaving us with the beasts that just tried to kill my sister. Can I just say, watching your sister beat on a thing almost three times her size is awesome? I mean, I was terrified that the person I would watch die would be my sister, and she looked like she had wrestled with death itself, but seriously, she whooped that thing's butt.

Speaking of which, I had a bone to pick with that monster.

"Hey!' I called, walking up to her. "What did my sister say to you, Crystalnils?"

"What do you mean, Child?"

"I'm Lilly's twin brother, Louis, not so nice to meet you. What did she say before you threw her off?"

"She asked if I had any last words. That, Louis, was my last word to her."

"You could have killed her."

"That was the arrangement we made."

"I hate you."

"I really do not care."

"You-"

"Okay! Louis, why don't you come sit back here with Meghan? She'll help cool you off," Hanan interjected before I could offend Crystalnils any more than I probably did.

Sulky, I walked over to the rock Meghan was sitting on and sat next to her. She gave me a small smile, and took my hand. I looked at her appreciatively, then we both watched as Hanan and Cam approached the Unicorns.

"Excuse me, Crystalnils, but would you mind telling me who that guy was?" Cam asked.

She shrugged, which I didn't know was possible, and looked incredibly weird on a horse body. But she had been totally terrified of him. "King of the Unicorns. He's no big deal."

"So you listened to him because...?" Hanan asked.

"Because he could kill me instantly, duh!" She snorted with laughter.

"And we let Lilly go with him?" Cam asked frantically.

"Oh, no, there's nothing to worry about for her. She's his Destiny, which means they were made for each other."

"In a romantic way?" Marshall ventured, with a disgusted look on his face.

"Ew, no, that's sick. I mean that now he'll go with you guys, because they've found each other. Like I said, each Unicorn has a human Destiny, and vice versa."

"Do you think any of us have a Destiny within your herd?" Meghan asked.

"It's not likely, but you're welcome to try."

Meghan picked up the flint knife that was laying next to her, and cut her finger. We all looked at her like she was crazy, but Hanan mostly just looked worried. We waited for five minutes, and nothing happened. Meghan shrugged, saying she just didn't have one.

Cameron volunteered to go, and cut his finger too. Same thing, nothing. That happened with all of us but Marshall. We figured he had coughed up blood a good way back, but that his Destiny would have smelled it by now. Plus, Hanan didn't really want him losing any more blood.

"Well, Miss Lilly definitely seems to deserve him. She was an impressive fighter and extremely stubborn," Crystalnils said.

"Yeah, Lilly deserves the best," Cameron said wistfully. I looked at Meghan with a raised eyebrow, and she nodded. Poor guy. It sucks to love someone who won't love you back.