Chapter ten

Jeana's POV

Shit this was not good, I needed a job and I landed my self in this mess, this was pure despicable, oh God I told Anna, it's not so bad at least she doesn't know about the other terrible part of the contract but she knows about every other thing and she's really smart won't she smell something fishy. I sat on my bed my legs were aching now since I've been pacing for over an hour.
My phone rang, looking at the screen it was my mum.
"Hello...."
"Don't you date ask how I'm doing, I won't take this rubbish from you young lady, you better come home this minute, your pride is going to get you into trouble, serious trouble, I don't want any explanation. Come home, I want to see you tomorrow." Then she hung up.
I sighed she never thought of that when she called me useless. Well it's in the pas there is no Turing back now I already signed the contract and even if I didn't I wasn't going to that damned house. Maybe pretending wouldn't be so bad I'll just go along with it. After the long 18 months I'll have enough money to help my company come back to her feet.
I picked up the novel I was reading, the blood doctor by Barbara Vine. I needed a really valid distraction but this wasn't helping. Oh now I know what would help Baking would. I only bake when I'm distressed, it's late but I can find the kitchen. I  hope to find great ingredients
I walked really quickly to the kitchen, it was a long walk but it was worth it because kitchen food reserve was full. OK I'll just bake "Apple tart." I whispered to myself, since there were some apples in the bowl on the counter.
I peeled 2 apples, cored them and sliced. Then I preheated the oven to 350°c, after doing that I picked up a bowl and tossed the sliced apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt and added vanilla extract. I was so glad they had all this stuff. They had almost every thing I needed for the tart.
I took out another bowl to mix the dough and when I was done I was covered with flour. I wasn't always this messy but I could pardon myself since today seem to be a bad day for me.
I pressed the dough into the smallest tart pan there, it was just great. When the dough was smooth I arranged the apples on it taking my time designing it.
When I was done I put it in the oven.
I started cleaning , I washed the bowls I used and the utensils I used and pit them back to where I took them. Checking the time it was "what? Half past eleven? " like how long has it been. And I must be up before seven O'clock . My shoulders slumped. 
The tart needed like thirty more minutes to be ready but it already smells really nice.
Suddenly I felt a presence and when I turned my eyes met with a bright blue pair of eyes making me skip and slip. I closed my eyes in fear of falling but my arm was caught and I was steadied when I opened my eyes it was the one named Vince.
"Oh common Aidan, if I hadn't gotten here on time to save this damsel in distress you'd just let her fall... Mmmmm what smells so good. Let me  guess.." He said  sniffing. I stared at Aidan for a minute when he wasn't looking. He was a beautiful blue eyed brunette.
"Apple tart? Oh I want some"
"What are you doing here at this time of the day?" Aidan asked with a really cold voice
"Emm.... I was ...I'm trying to perfect my baking skills..."
"That's not part of your contract. Or is it"
By now Reese and Richie walked in
"No. It's not but it helps me relief stress or can't I relief stress again" I was getting pissed now.
"If it's left to me I'd say there's another way to relief stress and Aidan here is fucking good at it" l Richie said  winking at me. I don't know what it was or why it was wierd but all I know is I don't give a shit.
"Chill man" Reese said patting Aidan on the back. Aidan stopped glaring at me then sat on the stool at the counter. The others did same.
"I'm I disrupting something" I asked  staring at all of them as they went silent.
"Nope you're not dis.."
Vince was cut short by a young lady with silky brunette hair and she was accompanied with another girl with dyed platinum blonde curls. She was extremely beautiful even I was stunned. Oh my tart I turned and movedvto the oven, put on gloves then pulled the pan out. It was perfect .
"You guys are too busy. You don't have time for us anymore" I heard one of the young ladies say.
" who's she?" The other asked
I turned with the tart.
"Oh you made us apple tart, it smells  good. Put it here and get the serving plates" The platinum Blondie said arrogantly
"I'm so sorry Missy I didn't make it for you. But I'll let you guys have a share in it." I said as polite as I could be
"Sit with us" Reese said tapping the stool next to him.
"And why should she?" the platinum Blondie asked with an annoying tone. And because of that I smirked and went to sit right beside him.
"Allow me" Vince said stretching to get the tart, when he did he got up to get the serving plate
"I'll help" the quiet brunette said.
"Eleanor how've you been  doing?" Aidan asked the platinum Blondie.
She smiled brightly and answered
"I've been doing great, my modelling career has skyrocketed."  And for the first time I saw a smile on Aidan's face and it was cute
"Aidan who's that?" She asked pouting and pointing at me.
"Jeanne, she's Jeanne" he said clearing his throat, then filling his mouth with the tart  Vince and the brunette served a while ago.
"Hmmmm.... This is delicious" the brunette said giving me a thumbs up as she filled her mouth again.
"Who's Jeanne to you guys" The Eleanor asked frowning
"A friend" Richie replied smiling at her then at me
"I'm Brianna, nice to meet you Jeanne. And thanks for the tart it taste awesome". The brunette said smiling. The smile was warm and innocent. She was a natural beauty perfect eyes smile and face.
"Nice to meet you too. But I prefer you call me Jeana"
"OK then" she said smiling from her glass of water
"Brianna is Vince's sister" Reese said to me in a whisper so only me could hear.
"Jeanne you should leave us now. We have important things to discuss that doesn't concern you" Aidan said not looking at me.
I stood up then said good night to them before leaving.
I felt a chill run down my spine.something was wrong somewhere, the last time I felt it the out come wasn't good, at all.
As I walked down the passage to my room I heard movement but when I put on my phone torch there wasn't anybody there I increased my pace when I got to my room i checked it then locked the door.
I definitely felt a presence, I definitely did. The night was cold so my window was locked. I slept with my lamp on through out the night. Somehow the lights on made me feel safe.
I could hear the howling of the wind. It was a little disturbing and I still couldn't sleep so I pulled out my ear bud  from my bag and put it in my ears so every where could be silent.
That helped because I started drifting of to sleep little by little until the whole world vanished.