Pt. 60: Come A Little Bit Closer

Začít od začátku

"And I knew, yes I knew I should leave, when I heard her say"

Loki held out his hand, palm up, anticipating a 'yes.' Luna glanced at it and smoothly slipped her hand into his. She scooted off the stool, and he pulled her into him.

"Come a little bit closer, you're my kind of man, so big and so strong"

He led her into a quick waltz, spinning about the open area and twirling her as he did. Her grin was wide and gleeful. It was everything he could have hoped for.

"Come a little bit closer, I'm all alone, and the night is so long"

Loki paused to spin Luna out and back in, guiding her into a low dip. She let out a brief laugh as her head tipped back. Her grip on his shirt was tight, but he held her tighter.

Dancing and music, it was how they connected. It was their love language; their time to communicate without words, to feel each other, to put their comforts aside and have a little fun. Loki had patiently processed these truths as they presented themselves and found it to be the ideal way to tell her how he felt.

It was a short song and ended with a faded flourish. Luna put her hands on his chest, smiling cheerfully to make sure Loki knew she enjoyed it. He did, but he appreciated the reminder.

She started off back to her seat as the next song began low and steady, but Loki took her wrist, stopping her in her tracks. She looked back a bit alarmed and took notice of his modestly nervous face. He kept his eyes down, his gaze directed more at the ground than her eyes.

"May I beg the indulgence of one more dance?" he asked cautiously, finally looking her in the eye. Luna turned and held his hand.

"You may," she said, and slipped the other hand behind his back.

The energy shifted, whether that was Loki's fault or Luna's. The song was slow, and so was the dance, but that was the intention. He'd warmed her up, and now it was time to cool down. He took special care with how he held her, touched her. He kept her hand to his chest and rubbed her back with his thumb. Her soft cheek gently rested on him, so he did the same and placed his cheek on her head.

"Don't you see me? I, I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you"

The words resounded through the air and into their ears. Loki hoped it would say everything he wanted to. It was part of the plan, but he was still nervous. All he could do was hope she accepted him. So far, he was lucky, but he wasn't done yet.

Luna's hand slid from his shoulder blades to around his lower back. It rested there, trembling ever so slightly. His shirt bunched in her hand as she pressed her front to his. He was warm beneath her touch, and her mind grew cloudy. Instinctively, she held onto him for dear life. Something was happening, and she desperately wanted to see what he would do about it.

"I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you. And maybe you, change your mind"

The song faded to silence, and they slowed to a stop. Luna was reluctant to let go. She wanted something done about the tingly feeling in her stomach, but as Loki retracted his hands from her, she concluded that she'd have to deal with it on her own. She dropped her hands and backed up but was abruptly stopped by her bookcase. She reached behind her and felt the wooden edge. Loki had cornered her on purpose, and now, she was at his mercy.

He stepped towards her, gaze intertwined with hers. He stopped once they were toe-to-toe. Luna remained as still as a frightened deer, but she was hardly frightened. Loki settled his hands on her hips and slowly guided them up, feeling her soft flesh give beneath his fingers. Luna closed her eyes, opting to use her remaining senses to indulge in what he was doing.