Chapter 12

“Satan, get off”, Zelda hissed under her breath. But her warning came too late; Sabrina and the handsome Nicholas Scratch were already standing in the middle of the living room, eyes wide open.

“Aunt Zelda, what are you doing?!” The young witch seemed utterly flushed. “And why exactly is Miss Ward- Lilith sitting on top of you?”
Zelda massaged her temples in order to soothe her coming headache. “Sabrina,”, she sighed, “I can explain everything.”
“Can you?” Her niece sounded sceptical.
“Can you?” Lilith looked at her in surprise.
“I can.” The ginger said to her niece. “But that doesn’t mean that mine and Lilith’s business is any of yours.”
“Oh, so you’re claiming that you and she are only business”, Sabrina hissed.
Zelda thought for a moment before she spoke. “No, I don’t.”
“So, she’s your girlfriend?”
“No, she’s not.”
“Aunt Zelda,”, the girl paused, “do you love her?”
The woman looked back at the brunette and hesitated for a moment before she started to speak: “No… I don’t.” Her voice was nothing but a barely audible whisper. The room fell silent for a few seconds before Sabrina continued.
“Then, what were you doing?”
“What do you think we were doing”, Zelda asked tiredly.
“I think I understand.” The girl nodded and began walking backwards. “Come on Nick, let’s go”, she said, taking the warlock’s hand.

Zelda sat motionless, not speaking a word, just staring into the void. She slowly got up and made her way to the liquor cabinet. She grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured herself a glass.
“So that’s what I am to you.” The ginger turned around to the woman the voice belonged to.
“A whore”, Lilith ended.
Zelda sighed as she closed her eyes. “You know I didn’t mean that.”
“Do I? Because I don’t think I do.” She stared at the witch in disbelieve. “So that’s what we are? That’s it?”
Zelda didn’t answer.
“For heaven’s sake, I wanted to protect you, Zelda”, she shouted.
“Protect me from what?” The ginger raised her voice just as loud.
“From Him, Zelda Spellman! From Him.”
Zelda immediately stood straight. “Who? Faustus?”
The demoness shook her head. “He said he’d make you suffer. Make us suffer.”
“The Dark Lord”, the witch breathed out.
Lilith nodded.
“How could you do this?” Her voice was higher than usual, almost a screech. “How could you possibly keep this from me?”
“I did it because I couldn’t lose you! I knew that you would blame it on me.”
The ginger laughed sarcastically. “Blame it on you? You know what? You’re right. It was most certainly not your fault. It was mine. I should never have trusted you. So congratulations, you’ve lost me, Lilith.”
“I see”, she answered, nodding her head. “But I can help you.”
The other woman laughed. “Oh, you, the ultimate wild card?”
“Fine”, Lilith spat, “then handle it how you always did. Alone.” And with that, she turned around and walked out of the living room. Shortly after, Zelda heard the door snap shut.

---

It had been two weeks. Two weeks since she’s last seen Lilith. Good, she had thought to herself. Nothing has happened since then. The town had been quiet, nothing had disturbed the mortuary. No sign of the Dark Lord. Lilith was probably just exaggerating. In the past two weeks, the woman’s had a lot of time to think about what had happened. What she had said to Sabrina. The girl had barely spoken to her aunt since. The thought of the ginger witch whoring around with other women made her feel sick in the stomach. Though it wasn’t like that, really. Zelda had never been using Lilith for sex. At least she didn’t think so. Barely could she even stand the thought of the other woman believing so. Why? That, she had no idea. People lied; all people did. They rarely did it for someone other than themselves. You always had to profit from your lies, no matter the cost. But was it really a lie? Because if it wasn’t, that would mean that the red-haired lady would actually nurse feelings for the other woman. It was something Zelda had always despised, feelings. Emotions. Showing them was something she generally didn’t do, couldn't do. Love was something she detested. Because love was weakness and Zelda Phiona Spellman was everything but weak. Love made you vulnerable. Love took a toll on you. And if you lost the one person you loved, you lost everything. Zelda didn’t lose. She refused to lose. She couldn’t afford to be anything other than her best self; she had a family to take care of after all. Even her relationship with them was based on lies. Faustus. She had killed him and had taken his title for herself. Satan, yes, he had deserved it but that hadn’t given her the right to lie to her family’s faces while the truth was all she had ever expected from them. And Lilith. She had lied to her. Everything Lilith had ever done had been in Zelda’s best interest. And still she had lied to her about something so massive, so important and that cannot be forgiven. The witch slowly began to question her own judgement. Sure, their relationship had started with lust, desire, attraction and only that. But it had turned into so much more and Zelda shouldn’t have let it come this far. Though deep inside she missed the brunette. Her tender kisses, her blue eyes, the swaying of her hips... And perhaps Zelda had made a terrible mistake.

Author's note:

Hi coven members 🥺✌ (hihi)! I'm so glad ur back! This is, again, a very short chapter and I truly am terribly sorry for that. xx I promise you, longer chapters will be coming your way! ❤✨ Anyway, I know how this story will end. And I guess I will regret my decision but OH WELL, TOO LATE NOW HÔES 👀

~ C 🌹🇦🇹