Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I packed my things after the shoot. I just finished a pictorial for a local brand of cosmetics and two local actresses were with me. They're nice and are fun to work with. The staff's also nice and very welcoming so the pictorial went well.

My driver, Kuya Lito, is waiting outside the building. We're heading to Lola's house to celebrate her birthday. It's Mom's side so we are invited and we can always attend. Only that, it doesn't mean that even if it's Mom's side, it'll feel better. Because it doesn't.

"Si Kuya Pancho? Nauna na, Kuya Lito?", I asked the driver after going inside the car.

"Hindi raw po makakapunta, Ma'am. Busy raw sa mga drawing-drawing niya", Kuya Lito answered and I totally understand what he meant by 'drawing-drawing'.

Kuya Pancho must be very busy with his plates and I understand. He's taking Architecture and even if I don't know what it feels like to be an architecture student, I am certain that it's kind of draining because I have a living proof – my brother.

The ride was short and I wished it to be longer. I don't always interact with any of our relatives because I just hate it when we are all gathered in the same place. I hate it when they all talk about their achievements in school and their career milestones. It pisses me off whenever they would make it a big deal if any of us is in a relationship or not. It makes me want to go home already.

"Thank you, Kuya Lito", I said and went out of the car.

Kakapasok ko pa lang sa loob ng gate ay tinanaw kaagad ako ng mga tao sa loob. They all smiled at me but I don't really have the energy to fake all my smiles. Plastik 'tong mga 'to.

"How was the shoot?", my Mom asked and guided me towards Lola, her Mom.

"It was fine, Mom. I saw my shots and they turned out nice", I answered.

"Happy Birthday, Lola", I greeted Lola and took her right hand to bless.

She's quiet, always quiet when she's with me and Kuya Pancho. She let me hold her and blessed me but I know that she doesn't really like me. I am not her favorite apo, not even close to being one.

Sinamahan ako ni Mommy papunta sa table at may pagkain na nakahain para sa akin. I sighed and started eating. After this, I'll go home. Mom will surely want me to stay longer but I'll just make up an excuse so that I can go home.

Kararating ko pa lang pero hindi ko na gusto ang ere rito. Gustong gusto ko na talagang umuwi.

Tinabihan ako ng isa kong pinsang lalake. He's a scholar in a state university and is one of Lola's favorites. I am not close to any of my cousins so I was surprised that he sat in front of me. His Mom went with him, Tita Gilda. She's my mom's sister in law.

"How was school, Clara? I heard you're taking ABM. Balak mo bang magtayo ng business?", tanong niya sa akin.

I finished chewing my food before answering her.

"Yes, Tita. I am taking ABM. Hindi ko po alam kung magnenegosyo ako someday. Hindi ko pa po 'yon naiisip", saad ko.

It's true. I am taking ABM but that doesn't really mean that I'll build a business. Hindi ko talaga alam. The only reason I took this strand was because it was what my parents wanted for me. Originally, my plan was to take MAD because of my passion for acting. Mom didn't allow me to take it and her reason was because she wanted me to help in Del Rio.

Daddy didn't really offer me anything that has something to do with Del Rio. He wants Kuya Pancho to help him instead. My brother, however, does not want to do anything with Del Rio Corporation. He's not interested in food corporations because he wants to pursue architecture. It angered my father so much but he can no longer do anything about it.

Lose to Win (Trazo Real Series #2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें