Chapter One: The Start Of Something New

You may have heard of Troy and Gabriella's story from High School Musical, or Hazel and Augustus's from The Fault In Our Stars, but you've never heard one quite like this. It was the summer of 2015 when I first laid eyes on the love of my life, Chris O'Flyng. His luscious brown hair flowed in the wind at the annual Wisconsin Petting Zoo. He caught my gaze and started walking over. I froze, time froze,  all my life stories flashed before my eyes. This beautiful creature was slow motion walking to me. It was better than any movie. He held out his hand to me. I thrust my face into it, where I found tasty bits of carrots and kibble. He giggled: "Wow, you're hungry." I gave him the look that said, "Yeah, for you." I knew he understood; I also knew that we could never be together. I would be willing to forsake my family to pursue our star-crossed love, but was he? I was scared for the future. I had to get this man to love me, but how? As soon as I finished, he rubbed my head. His hands were warm, moderately large and covered in my saliva. "You're cute."  He smiled a little. His smile could light up the world. I stared directly into his eyes. His beautiful, dark brown eyes that gleamed from the sun. They appeared happy, but I stared into the window of his soul. He wanted love, he wanted me. I knew he wanted to ride me off into the sunset. To grip my soft alpaca fur. To stroke it when we were done. He lifted his hand from my head and crushed my heart. He walked back to his friends. They started to leave, he glanced back, bit his lip, then kept walking. I pulled that rope that held me back from my love, from my future, from my dreams. It wouldn't break and frankly kept choking me. I didn't care. "Keep choking me," I thought, "at least I will die trying." My trainer eventually came over and pulled me into my hell of a cell. It was dark and cold. The hay was soggy from the rain we had dragged in from the day before. A thought skimmed my mind, but I pushed it out. "It is meant to be," I thought. After a while, my trainer came back, "Are you calm yet?" I looked down. He came over and grabbed the rope. Just then, a genius idea came to me. I happily led him out of my cell. When I was half way down the ramp, I jolted him forward and kicked him in the face. The soft air flowed through my fur as I ran. The children's screams that surrounded me sounded like the warrior horns of a battle that has been won. I was on my way to the love of my life, Christopher O'Flyng.