Lyrical turned around and gave me a quick glimpse before speaking. "It's been awhile."

"Please. STOP. TALKING. TO. ME," I kept the same tone ignoring her idea of starting a conversation.

"I'm just tryna-"

"Shut the fuck up and stop talking to ole girl," Trey snapped making her turn quickly in her seat where she focused her eyes on the road.

My eyes wondered over to Dre who looked back at me with the same look. I wasn't sure if he wanted to say anything or not, but I wanted to.

As much as I hated Lyrical, with every inch of my soul, she really didn't deserve him degrading her. "Look, this is none of my business, but I can't sit here and let you talk to her like that."

Trey looked at me from his rear view mirror and sucked his teeth quietly. "She's my bitch, so don't worry about what goes on between me and her. Matter of fact, you're right. It ain't yo business so mind yah own."

Dre took is airpod out his ear indicating that this conversation had his full attention.

"I'm just saying," I started back again, "You don't have to treat people like shit because you're one."

"Who are you again?" We had finally stopped at allowing a massive train to trail past us. "This yo bitch Dre?"

The car went silent.

"Look man," Dre's eyes darted over to mine in contemplation of what to say, "We don't disrespect women over East side aight?"

Trey rolled his eyes and placed his hands back on the steering wheel.

The ride there was aggravating. The air was stiff with smoke coming from the marijuana they were smoking. I didn't participate in the activity because people really be out here lacing things.

It reminded me of the time my cousin went out with her new step sister to a party. Everyone was practically drinking and smoking, living their best life, from what I was told. Then, my cousins step sister laced her weed with crack because she was simply mad at the fact that her mother was with my cousins dad instead of her own.

My cousin ended up having major issues when it came to her mental state. She was no longer capable of doing what a regular teenager was able to do. This was all a outcome of her weed being laced.

It took us about 4 or 5 hours to get to South side. We probably would've been there earlier if we didn't stop every 10 minutes for Dre and Trey to stop at random peoples houses to dap them up and speak.

The goal was to stay here for a day, meet up with whoever decided to set them up, figure out why they tried to set them up, and then go back home as if nothing had happened.

Luckily, we got to stay with this girl, named Shanti, who was apparently Treys long time ex. In comparison to Lyrical, she was completely different. She didn't let Trey bitch her around at all. She had complete dominance and control. I'm pretty sure this came from the fact that she has a baby. Pure mama vibes.

Shanti was also the connection to who the South side leader was. Her job was as simple as any other person working in the drug leader: sell and receive.

"Imagine coming here to meet the kingpin of south side but not coming here to see your son," She complained while stirring the soup she was making.

"Ashanti, you don't even let me see him. Every time I come up here you quick to call the cops on me. I can't afford to be going to jail. I got money to make." Trey stood by the stove dipping his finger into the food.

She swatted his hand before giving us her attention. "It's only two rooms back there so figure out where you all gone be sleep tonight."

Dre automatically grabbed my hand nd pulled me into the room on the left. He tossed our bags on the bed. "I don't plan on rooming with either of those mother fuckas tonight."

"I don't either," I agreed watching him take his shirt off and get comfortable.

Lyrical leaned on the doorway. "Ouu- La- La, isn't that a nice body."

Dre smirked a little sliding his shoes off to the side. "You should probably leave before your boyfriend catches you and beats yo ass again."

"He's talking too his ex," she mumbled to herself looking down.

I rolled my eyes. "That's too bad." and with that, I slammed the door on her face.

The rest of the night was pretty chill. Dre stayed to himself, and I stayed to myself too. He fell asleep first, of course, but I couldn't.

My phone vibrated through my slim shorts and I pulled it out quickly to read the messages.

UNKNOWN NUMBER : Did you really think I was dead bitch ?

I felt shivers run down my body as goosebumps flared up spreading across my arm.

The text itself scared me, but what frightened me the most was the next one.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: why don't you just open your window? I always did love to catch them by surprise

My head quickly turned toward the window, where little tappings began to spread on the thickened glass.

"DRE," I whispered shaking his arm quickly as the tappings got louder, "DRE WAKE UP."