Jotaro x Reader

Everybody always told you that getting involved with Stand users was dangerous. But you never believed them, up until now anyway. Sure, you had your own Stand, a pretty powerful one at that, but you'd never been in an actual fight before. In any kind of fight, which was pretty impressive considering that you were married to one Jotaro Kujo. Guess you'd been lucky so far.

Your husband was a busy man, and whenever he left on his long business trips you missed him dearly. When you caught wind of the fact that he was going to Morioh to seek out Joseph's illegitimate son, you immediately made up your mind. You were going with him, end of the story. It had taken hours upon hours of begging and convincing the man to take you with, until finally he gave in and let you have your way. Oh, how both of you were going to regret that.

You were made aware of the fact that a serial killer resided in the otherwise quaint town of Morioh, and that he preyed on young women, such as yourself. Sure, it was sad, but you didn't even consider the possibility of you being one of them. You were the ones hunting him, not the other way around. At least that's what you thought.

The day had been pretty calm, you had spent it with Josuke and his friends, Jotaro had returned to the Morioh Grand Hotel earlier that day. You insisted on staying with the teenagers, making sure that they were safe and sound until the end of the day. When you had bid them goodbye, you decided to catch a taxi to the hotel. But it was just your luck, not a single taxi in sight. You sighed and began searching for a payphone, when a chill ran down your spine. It felt like someone or something was watching you.

You turned your head around to try and locate what made your skin crawl, but were met with nothing. It's just my mind playing tricks on me you thought and resumed your search. The feeling just wouldn't leave you alone, so when you finally located a payphone, you decided to ring up Jotaro instead. With shaky hands you lifted the phone and punched in Jotaro's number, thankful that he had a mobile phone. You prayed to whatever God that he'd answer the call, chanting pick up, pick up, come on, pick up under your breath. When you heard the familiar click of the call being answered, you let out a breath you didn't even know you were holding.

"Kujo" you heard his magnificently deep voice say, and you could've cried.

"Jotaro" you said shakily "I think someone's following me". He was silent for a while before speaking again.

"Where are you?" he asked, breaking the silence. You scanned your surroundings, you hadn't been paying attention to much anything other than the payphone. Above one of the buildings you saw a huge Pepsi sign, using that as an indicator of your location.

"I'm uh, I'm underneath the large Pepsi sign"

"Stay there. I'm coming to get you" was the last thing you heard before an explosion rung in your ears and you lost your balance, the world turning black.

~~~~~~

Jotaro gripped the phone in his hand tightly when he heard the explosion go off, someone had indeed been following you.

"(Y/n)!?" he called out into the phone, but you didn't answer. "Fuck" he muttered while throwing his jacket on and speeding out of his hotel room and outside where his rental car was parked. He remembered where the Pepsi sign was, he calculated that it would take approximately 10 minutes to drive there, even less if he drove faster than the speed limit. Which he did.

When he arrived at the Pepsi sign only 5 minutes later, there was no one to be seen. When he stepped out of the car he immediately noticed the blood splattered inside the payphone, slowly running down the glass. He didn't want to believe that it was yours, but he knew your inexperience in battle. For once in his life he hoped to be wrong. He followed the trail of fresh blood into a nearby alley, squinting to see better in the lack of light. In the far end of the alley he saw something, or someone. He stepped closer quickly and closed the distance in a matter of seconds.

It was you, no doubt about it, sitting down leaning against the wall. But something was off, your breathing was ragged and you didn't seem to notice his presence.

"(Y/n?)" he called out to you and knelt down to inspect you closer. You slowly turned your face to look at the man.

"J-Jotaro, 'm sorry" you managed to croak out, your words slurred. He looked at you with confusion evident in his eyes.

"Sorry? For wha-" he started, but when his gaze trailed down he stopped. His eyes widened in horror. Your left hand was missing.

"I let him g-get away" you said shakily and moved your still remaining hand from your stomach to cup his cheek. Just like Kakyoin, your abdomen was no longer there, blood seeped out of the wound and Jotaro could do nothing but cry.

"Shh, there there, it's alright Jojo" you comforted the man and he leaned into your touch. The familiar mischievous glint in your eyes was fading fast, and he could do nothing. He couldn't even speak. He wanted to hold you so bad, but knew it would break you even more, so he had to make do with your hand caressing his cheek. If only that idiot Josuke had been there.

"Jojo, look at me" you said with your broken voice, and he opened his eyes to look at you. That was the only moment his soul was fully on display for you to see. His face had been bloodied by your hand, but he was still the most handsome man you'd ever laid eyes upon. You couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"Tell Jolyne that mommy loves her" you said as a single tear rolled down your bloodied cheek, and your hand fell down to limp by your side. Your lifeless eyes drooped shut, and something inside Jotaro broke. He was convinced that your death was his fault, and that everything he touched would surely die. As he cradled your body and cried freely for the last time in his life, he swore. He swore he'd keep Jolyne safe by staying far away from her.

When he was void of any emotion he carefully picked your body up and carried it bridal style to Josuke's house. He had the boy fix you, you looked like you were just slumbering peacefully, not resting eternally. But the truth hurt, and the stoic man tried to not think about it. He instead tried to think of what to tell his daughter once he returned back home. Without her mama, without his wife.

"Mama is an angel now" is what he ended up telling her.