"Vincent." I break out of the slowed time and she that it was Xander.

"I'm scared." He whispers and I break down.

"Me too. But I know she is a fighter. She isn't going down this easily." I wipe away the tears and we sit in silence and wait for the doctors or nurse to tell us something.

10 minutes go by and finally the doctor steps out. "She's fine. We've stabled her again and the worst has passed."

Tears of happiness run down my cheek and I feel like I could finally breathe.

"You were right. She isn't going down without a fight." Xander sighs next to me.

"You can meet her now." The doctor says and walks off.

"Vincent do you want to see her first?" Mr Winter asks me and I look at him with shock.

"I expected to see her last."

"You saved her life, you deserve to see her first." He nods at me and I basically run into the room.

Even though she was in an ugly hospital gown, she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I sit on the small plastic stool next to her bed and take her hand into mine. It was soft as I remembered.

"Hi, baby," I whisper quietly but her eyes flutter open. "You're awake! How are you feeling?"

"Tired." She gives a small answer.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I genuinely thought I was going to lose you again!" I start blabbing on but notice Amara was looking at me strangely. "What's up? Are you in pain?" I ask quickly and she shakes her head.

"No. It's just... do I know you?"

The colour from my face flushes out. I could barely find the words to answer that question.

"You don't remember me?" I ask softly and she sighs.

"I'm sorry. I don't. The last thing I remember is... well it's all blurry."

My hand drops hers and I felt my world spin. This can't be happening. As I regain my focus I hear laughing. Amara was giggling like crazy.

"Oh my gosh, Vincent you should've seen your face." She kept laughing. "Does my life look like Jane the Virgin to you?"

***

Amara's POV

"You fucking idiot!" Vincent shouts but pulls me into a hug. His familiar scent brought a sense of peace over me.

"I couldn't let this opportunity go!" He pulls away and glares at me.

"You're actually a dickhead." He shakes his head but there was a small smile on his face.

"I'm sorry," I say half-heartedly.

"We both know you're not." I chuckle and give him a small smile.

"Your face was priceless." I giggle but Vincent looked serious. "Vin?" I say softly.

"Why the fuck did you push me out of the way?" He takes my hand back into his.

"I don't know. It was instinct I guess. I couldn't stand there watching my crazy best friend shoot the guy I love. It was my fault you were in that position anyway." I shrug.

"I would take a bullet for you any day." He whispers back to me. "And trust me it wasn't your fault. It was mine that you got kidnapped."

"No! I don't blame you for what happened with Chris." We stay silent for a moment. "I have to ask this. When you were looking for me, was it out of love or guilt?"