I I . I

Two (Second Part) : Conversations

❛❛ Can you tell me more? ❜❜

― ✧ ―

Seeing as Kou didn't press further into his moment of embarrassment, Mitsuba felt weird. He always held his head high with other people. He always let his sharp tongue roll and judge other people. This kind of treatment was what he was new to.

How come that he always come to embarrass himself in front of Kou?

Sipping his iced tea with a bored look, he gazed by the glass windows that reflected the busy streets and radiant sunlight. People conversed within themselves, but Mitsuba never felt out of place even if he never had anyone to talk to.

He also thought, that why would Kou invite a complete stranger for lunch, when he doesn't even remember him? Was he just too kind and generous to invite even a person like him?

Kou came back with their food. It was a carbohydrate filled plate in which Mitsuba would likely refuse to eat. His daily diet contained of greens and occasional sweets and he had to maintain his figure for it.

But seeing Kou enjoy it like a small child, he decided to try it, even just a small bite. With the growing guilt forming inside him that Kou even bought this for him. But surprisingly, he liked it. Flavors battling in his mouth, overwhelmed with the sweetness and the sour aftertaste. It wouldn't hurt to eat this much just one time, right?

A satisfied smile appeared at Kou's face, seeing his companion enjoy the food he bought.

"Were you at the library to search some recipes too? I couldn't help but notice." He asked to spark up a conversation.

"Uh.. yeah." replied Mitsuba, in the most uncomfortable way possible. I mean, how was he supposed to answer then? "I see. The ones in the internet are mostly false and fake ones. That's why you're searching in the library too right?" Kou stated knowingly.

'Oh, so that's why they wanted to let me search at the library.' Mitsuba thought as he understood. "Y-yeah. Do you think I'm dumb enough not to know that?" He stated 'as a matter of fact' and held his head high.

But what he didn't expect was Kou chuckling, laughing at his expression. "W-what are you laughing at?!" Mitsuba almost went as pink as his hair. Did he embarrass himself again?

"It's nothing― I mean, it's like you're a different person from earlier." He remarked with a toothy grin.

"Stupid lame traffic-safety earring boy.." Mitsuba mumbled, grunting. Smoke coming out from his ears. Seeing this cute side of his was new to Kou. "In a good way, I mean."

And then he showed his signature charming smile. The radiant sky blue eyes that he can get lost into. But snapping out of it, Mitsuba wanted to know why he would go out of his way and invite him to lunch, as they were already done eating.

"So..? What do you want to ask me?" Mitsuba asked, straight forward to the point. Scratching the back of his neck, Kou reasoned. "I.. want to talk about the incident a few days prior. Is that fine with you..?"

Mitsuba let out a small 'hmph'. "So what about it?" He'll try not to embarrass himself this time.

"You didn't mistake me for someone else, did you?"