CHAPTER 05

dinner did not go well since the king's son did not show up. jennie didn't even have the appetite to eat but she'd rather just do it than anger the king even more.

she is now in her room which she thinks is just an upgraded dungeon. it may have a nice bed, bath, and a wardrobe full of fancy clothing, the door was still locked on the outside with a guard and a maid standing by for any requests.

"well the clothing they have provided me is more than enough. they are pretty as well." jennie mutters to herself as she gazed on the wardrobe they provided her. "me being a seer is the only reason they want me here. even with all the privileges they have given me, i cannot give them anything back."

keep the prophecy to yourself.

her mother's voice echoed in her head.

"are you done standing there?"

"lord, have mercy," jennie states in shock as she looked back.

her eyes was then blessed with a glorious face that can make any woman sin with thoughts and actions. who might this ethereal man be?

"who are you?" jennie collects herself and asks the handsome man seriously.

he entered the room completely from the window he entered from that gives jennie the complete view of the dark yet lively kingdom of hell.

"taehyung," he answers the girl. "son of the king."

"oh so you're the son of that delusional moron?" jennie finds herself spitting out and unable to keep the words in and unspoken.

instead of anger, taehyung looked at her in amusement. he wasn't offended since he knew that the girl was speaking nothing but facts. his father is in fact delusional for aiming to conquer all that exists.

"why do you say that?" the demon prince asks as he leaned against the wall, looking even more sinfully handsome than he already has but jennie was stronger than that.

"his ambitions will do nothing but bring consequences that will possibly harm those around him." jennie answers him with full confidence even though she's charmed by the prince's undeniable attractiveness. "he is basically inviting death to his doorstep. inviting death to everyone elses life." she adds.

"is that even possible, my lady?" taehyung walks towards her and leans closer to her face making her hold her breath. "we are death ourselves." he adds, tilting his head to the side.

"no one is safe from death." jennie laughs. "people seek immortality and once they finally have it they end up wanting to die once they lose everything they have."

"and how are you even sure?" taehyung finally leans back.

"i know because you told me." jennie answers quietly.

taehyung turns silent and the two just stared at one another for awhile before jennie decided to break the silence.

"you were the guy i met at our garden right, taehyung?" she whispers. "i know you are. why did you stop coming? i was supposed to introduce you to jimin then so why didn't you show up?" the seer asked question after question.

"to protect you." taehyung answered her truthfully. "but it did not work since you are here being held captive." he smiled at her sadly.