My first of everything :Chapter 22

I've been spending so much time with Remi, we've gone on so much dates, from romantic ones, to study dates.

We had to take a break from all that, for the past two weeks we've not seen or really hung out. Tomorrow is his exam and he seriously is panicking, I called him several times to calm him and go through some topics we revised together.

Eno walks into my room as she throws herself on my bed picking up my phone, I hear the candy crush music as I grab the phone from her

"Abeg don't play my candy crush, you can play any other one"

She takes the phone from me "I'll help you pass a lot of levels na"

"Don't help me I'll do that myself, play another game or do something else"

"Okay mrs, I'll just play cooking fever"

"Better, how is Mathews? " I ask her, Choco and Mathews recently started dating for like 3 weeks now I guess, it happened few days after my birthday

" Oh he's fine, he says he's auditioning for one talent show like this"

" that is awesome na, he's a very good dancer and he can do really well" I say folding laundry

"Yeah I guess, this one you're seriously folding your laundry, is something bothering you?"

"I'm really worried about Remi, I hope his exams are going well, I really want him to get this" I say joining her on the bed

"So you are no longer worried about him leaving?" She asks sitting up

"Er, not really, we talked about that tho, he's been working really hard for this, and I want him to get this, I really do" I say joining her on the bed as i take the phone to play the next level of the game

"I understand you, can I ask a question? It's obvious tho, just want to confirm"

"What is it?"

"Do you like drake or do you love drake?

"What do you think choco?"

"Well the latter, but have you ever told him, or have he told you that" she asks me

"Not really I don't want to say it first and end up being disappointed so I don't just say It, I think what we have now is enough and I really do not want to complicate things"

"I understand you, forget I asked, Mathews said he loves me" she says nonchalantly

"Really?! That's amazing" I chirp in happily

"Yeah I know, just that I don't feel the same, so now I feel awkward cause I didn't reply him, I kinda have been avoiding to see him in person"

"Well you two will talk about it, I don't think he's hurt or anything, Mathews is a chill and very unpredictable guy, he has weird history with girls, and I doubt he ever liked any of them or told them he loves them, he must actually like you, I guess"

"I really do not know jare, omg! Your food is burning " she screams grabbing the phone from me.

***

Today's Remi's birthday and I'm so excited, i had a hard time finding what to get him, but I decided on a gold wristwatch and a heart shaped couple necklace, I'll wear one part and he'll wear the other.

I thought a lot about this, I'm already very sure that he'll get the scholarship, even if he's always freaking out about failing or not getting it, I know time is not on our side, so I got the necklace so that I'll have something that connects us both irrespective of distance.