Audio Message

Bakugou was laying on the bed with his belly facing the clorless ceiling, his arms opens on the sidies of his boy, his hands clasped around the soft dark blankets.
His slow breathing was the only perceptible sound in the room.
The faint Sun behind grey clouds filtered through the half-opened window, heating the room a little.

The telephone screen illuminated Bakugou's sleepy yet face while he slowly scrolled the new messages on WhatsApp.
He had ignored Mina's messages on the class group but he was surprised about an audio message from Kirishima.
The red-haired boy never sent him audio messages, but text messages only, full of emoji and colourful hearts.
Bakugou used to ignore audio messages but there was something that convinced him not to do it that time.

The alarm clock on the bedside table next to the bed signalled 7.32 a.m. with big red numbers and Bakugou yawned running a hand over his face, adjusting his blonde hair a little, before opening the chat with the boy. His last access was from that night at 2.47 a.m., the same time when the audio message was sent.

Bakugou smiled before putting the phone to his ear while he closed his eyes.
First seconds were filled with heavy silence so that Bakugou had moved the phone away from his ear to check that the audio had gone off.

Um... Ehi, Bakugou...

Kirishima's voice was very uncertain and several seconds of silence passed between words.

Shitty hair's here... I... I don't know.
I know, it's late, you're probably sleeping...

A laugh was born between the blonde's lips who nodded slowly as if Kirishima could see him.

...I assume at least.
Listen...

Other empty seconds.
When Kirishima spoke again, his voice was broken and Bakugou suddenly felt sad.

Do you... Do you remember when you said me that I was strong? And... And it doesn't matter who I am because... Because I'm myself?

Bakugou saw Kirishima's face wet by tears which also charged his words.

What if I...

A silent sob.

What if I told you that I don't feel strong?

While Kirishima took a breath in the audio, Bakugou shook his head slowly, closing his eyes.

I don't fell strong...

Now the voice of the red-haired boy was little more than a whisper and a tear streaked Bakugou's cheek.

What if I told you I didn't feel manly?
Would... Would that make a difference in being friends?

-Kirishima...- Bakugou called him in a low voice, squeezing the telephone more.

Sorry... I just...

A sigh.

Nevermind.
Good night 'Suki.

Bakugou remained motionless when the audio message ended. He had to prepare for school, but he told himself there was no hurry.
He looked out the window.
Rain had begun to fall from the sky.
-Kirishima...- he repeated. Surely he would have pretended nothing, hiding behind a smile the pain he had let out the night before.

-I love you...- whispered then Bakugou, recording a short voice message.

//Hi guys, this is the first time that I try to write in English, so, sorry for mistakes^^
I hope you enjoyed this.
Thank you so much♡