☣ League of Legends

League of Legends

        Warning: This first article of this is just basic explaining so if you know what League is, please just skip to the bottom.

        Hello Otaku Magazine readers! And welcome to yet another brand new magazine article! I'm emeralddrop, your host for League of Legends.

        Anyhow, let's get to the big question that I'm pretty sure most of you are thinking right now;

        What the hell is League of Legends?

        Or somewhere to that degree.

        Let's take a look, shall we?

        ↪ What is League of Legends?

                "League of Legends is a fast-paced, competitive online game that blends the speed and intensity of an RTS with RPG elements. Two teams of powerful champions, each with a unique design and playstyle, battle head-to-head across multiple battlefields and game modes. With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless replayability for players of every skill level." - League of Legends, 2014

        Want a better explanation?

        A PC game that has grown wildly popular to the point of having its own gaming arena.

        You heard me.

        It's own official real life gaming arena. And we got a world championship, you losers from Smite and Dota. Apparently, the championship had more viewers than some sport or whatever. I forget which one. Eh.

        BTW, this game is dominated by Koreans. The Korean servers have some nasty and scary rumors about them. (Most aren't true, but they're still really good at the game.) And you bet it. A Korean team won the World Championship this season!

        (Yes, we have seasons. We're currently in preseason of season 5 I believe.)

        It's currently been created and run by Riot Games. They're actually pretty friendly in my opinion, considering I know an employee myself. He just got hired though.

        ↪ So what's all the balooza about?

                There's so many different answers to that question. Maybe because it's fun. Maybe because its competitive. To be honest, I don't really know for sure. For me though, it's so much fun, with so many different things to do, and you get to meet some pretty awesome people.

        Continuing on with our introduction of League, (of Draveeennnnnnnnn), let's also get some other details.

        ↪ Gameplay

                The game itself is rather good. With recently updated features that have made some parts of the game increasingly harder and quality good, I'd say it's pretty cool. (This girl has no idea what she's talking about.)

        So let's get to stuff I can tell you guys.

        The game itself is actually ran off of - you guys guessed it - FPS and ping. For all of you non-gamers out there, here are the definitions so you don't get left behind.