10

Over the next few months, things went smoothly. At least, for the most part. Jet was still persistent with Zuko for awhile, but he eventually gave up as Sokka became more and more aggressive towards him. He hung around Sokka's friends more and more and grew more comfortable around them. Aang had also finally told Katara about his feelings for her, and they had just started dating. So, it was safe to say that she had gotten over the whole situation that happened with Jet.

Soon, Sokka and Katara's father was returning home from his service. Zuko was insanely worried about meeting him, considering he hadn't met his boyfriend's family yet besides his sister. Sokka hadn't brought it up to him yet, and he was too nervous to bring it up to him himself. Once it was the end of the week, Zuko and Sokka were walking to his car after school. Sokka stopped just as they reached the car and grabbed Zuko's hand to stop him.

Zuko raised an eyebrow as he turned to look at Sokka. "Hey, um, we're going to my house, if that's okay... Katara pointed it out that I had to face my fears of my family not accepting me for dating you, because well, it's inevitable," Sokka spoke, Zuko eyes furrowed. "And, well, I want them to meet you anyway, because you're important to me. And, if it came down to it, I wouldn't care what they thought about it," he spoke, his blue eyes softening as he looked up at Zuko. Zuko's cheeks flushed as his lips curled and formed a smile. "Alright," he spoke, and smiled as he got into his car.

Zuko took Sokka's hand in his as he drove towards his house. A million thoughts went through his head as he drove. He felt honored that Sokka wanted him to meet his family, but he was beyond nervous. What if they said something about his scar? What if they didn't think he was good enough to he with Sokka? What if they stopped allowing Sokka to see him?

Zuko took a deep breath before speaking. "Do you think they'll... Like me?" Zuko spoke, glancing over at Sokka. "I'm sure they will." Sokka spoke and smiled over at Zuko, who soon parked in front of Sokka's house. "I'm just, scared. Because, what if they don't?" He spoke and looked into Sokka's eyes, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, for now they think we're just best friends. I'll announce it at dinner that we're dating. I don't care what they think of us if they don't, Zuko. I know what I want, and it's you," he spoke and cupped Zuko's face. Zuko couldn't help but smile at Sokka's words and nodded. "Let's go," he spoke, and got out of his car. He looked over at Sokka and locked eyes with him before they walked up to the front door. Zuko took a deep breath before Sokka opened up the door.

First, he was greeted by Sokka's father. "Hi Zuko, I'm Hakoda. I've heard plenty of great things about you from Katara and Sokka," Spoke the older man. His eyes were bright blue just like Sokka and Katara's, and his hair fell just above his shoulders, a few strands were dreaded. Zuko nodded. "It's nice to meet you," he spoke and smiled warmly. Katara gave him a thumbs up from behind Hakoda, which made him chuckle lightly to himself.

Next, he was introduced to two older people, accompanied by Sokka. "Zuko, this is Gran Gran, and her husband, Pakku." Zuko nodded and shook both their hands. "It's nice to meet you," Zuko spoke warmly.

Soon, they were all seated at the table. Sokka and Zuko sat at one side, Katara and Gran Gran sat at the other side, and Hakoda and Pakku sat at both ends of the table. They all made small talk and had small conversations. Hakoda soon looked up at Sokka. "So, how's Suki?" He asked, and Zuko felt his heart fall into the pit of his stomach. Sokka had obviously grown nervous, and soon Katara looked at him and nodded reassuringly. "Actually, there's something I need to tell you all," he soon spoke and looked over at Zuko, smiling at him. "What is it, Sokka?" Hakoda spoke, his eyes furrowing in confusion.

Sokka took a deep breath before speaking. "Zuko and I aren't actually friends," he spoke, and took Zuko's hand. "We're dating, we're boyfriends," he spoke. Zuko's cheeks flushed. Hakoda's eyes widened in surprise, and Gran Gran smiled warmly at the too. "I thought something like that was going on between you two," she spoke and grinned. "I'm surprised, to say the least," Hakoda spoke. "But I'll support you no matter what," he spoke. Sokka nodded and smiled at his words before turning to Zuko. "I didn't like Zuko at first," Katara soon spoke. "But, he's really proven himself. I think he's really good for Sokka," she spoke.