TOP 10 MOST ANNOYING POKEMON FANFIC CLICHES - PART 8

Number 3 - Pokémon High Schools

Oh, boy! Where do I start? Y'know, I gotta admit first and foremost that I was technically introduced to the world of Pokémon fan fiction, and the world of making fan fiction as a whole, through one of these

Oh, boy! Where do I start? Y'know, I gotta admit first and foremost that I was technically introduced to the world of Pokémon fan fiction, and the world of making fan fiction as a whole, through one of these. It was a Windows MovieMaker Slideshow on Youtube made by one YellowishRed. And no, I will NOT be linking the specific "story" here... because I think it's pretty bad...

Now, again, this one isn't the worst. Just like the Aura cliche that was mentioned before, this one is kind of rooted in reality, if you watched Pokémon Sun and Moon. And if ya'll are Sun and Moon haters, I think you'll at least be a little less bored watching that show than if you read some of these fics.

For crying out loud, I recently graduated High-School, and I can confidently say that REAL LIFE is less boring than some of these fics!

And that's the main issue with most of these: they're boring. (That and the two last cliches on this list).

An example of one of these here on Wattpad is the first story of the "Heartless" trilogy, written by Cutecreeper61
For the record, I have nothing against this author. In fact, I was inspired by some of their stories elements to write my first story, and reading 'em is still kind of a guilty pleasure for me.
But oh my God, that doesn't change the fact that these stories are boring (well the first is kinda boring... the other two are just balls to the walls insane).

Most Pokemon High School fics can be described like this: "What if we took those Disney Channel original teen movies... and made them an anime?! And not even the Pokemon anime, just... an anime!"

.......................................................................

Kay, I'll be the first to admit that this one in particular was a bit lackluster. But... think of it as the "Half Blood Prince" to my "Deathly Hallows" of cliches. Basically this entry has a reason to exist on its own, but its primary focus is to set up the final two cliches on this list. These two happen way too often and completely drive me up the f***ing wall!

Like always, I would like to disclose that I'm not making this list to bash on anyone who uses these cliches or to criticize anyone who likes them. This is just my silly opinion, and an attempt to show future writers that you can use these if you like... but you can also come up with something a lot more original. Until next time and as always...

Thanks for reading! 😊