Silent Vow-Ch.1

Chapter 1 Yup =D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Constance, Age 14

Chapter 1: Dreams Vs. Reality

            A little girl sat in her room playing with her dolls when the man stormed into the room, loudly banging the door against the wall as he walked over to where the little girl sat with her dolls. Throwing his bottle to the ground he roughly picked her up with one hand and began shaking her as her mother screamed from the door way, begging, pleading for the man to stop blaming the little girl, to stop hurting her.

            The little girl wanted to tell her mommy that it was okay, because she wanted to be able to protect her mommy the way her mommy had so desperately tried to do for her for years.

            So the little girl didn’t yelp at his harsh grip, nor did she scream and cry as he slapped her across the face. She didn’t kick, she didn’t bite and she most certainly didn’t fuss and he threw her back to the ground and gave a kick to her back before storming out of the room once again. Leaving the little girl and bottle on the ground.

            Mommy ran over to help her daughter, to kiss her wounds goodbye and tell her just how much she treasured her and that one day they’d get out of here alive and well. But mommy couldn’t tell her everything she wanted to as the man came back into the room and took mommy away so he could yell at her for trying to help the little girl.

            As the door closed again, the little girl didn’t get up to go and help mommy. Because she knew if she even tried, he’d do something even worse to mommy.

            But then in the distance, as the scene started to change into a forest she heard her name being called in a soft, sweet, cherry voice.

            “Constance! Constance!” The boy called out in the woods as he looked around for her, a smile on his face as he ran bare foot. She wanted to run into his arms, to yell out to him that she was here. Right there. But before she could even take a step before him, another figure appeared, standing right before her and blocking her view.

            “You don’t touch my daughter!” The man screamed at the young boy who stopped abruptly and tried to look around the man at the little girl, to reach out and take her from the man. But the boy was scared as the man screamed again and this time came towards him, a cracked bottle in his hands.

            Constance screamed, going after her step daddy, holding onto his arm to slow him down so he couldn’t hurt him. She didn’t want him to hurt him, no not him. She wouldn’t let him, not now not ever.

            “You can’t have him!” She screamed, finally letting her voice out. The man looked down at her, angry. He threw her off his arm then, sending her towards one of the trees.

            Roughly her back met bark and Constance sank to the ground, dirtying her little white dress in the mud as she slumped. Too hurt to even move. She was defenceless, useless. She couldn’t even save him.

            Weakly she gripped the forest’s ground and tried to look up, to yell at him to run. But the little boy was no longer a little boy. But a teenager and he stood face to face with her step daddy. No fear in those eyes of his as he sized her step daddy up.

            And before step daddy could even make a swing at him, the boy had the bottle knocked out of his hands, sending it flying into the bushes before landing a punch square in his face and causing this loud crack to sound as he broke his nose.