Sunlight

Im sitting in my old bedroom drinking from a bloodbag when i hear voices downstairs. I've been confined to the house all day because I dont have a daylight ring. A witch by the name of Bonnie Bennet is supposed to be making me one later in the evening. It is around 7pm when Bonnie arrives. This is much later then i expected but oh well....what can i do.

"So Stefan and Damon have a brother?" an unfamiliar female voice says.
"I know. I mean i had no idea...Damon never told me about him," Elena answers.

I hear their footsteps getting louder and they eventually reach my door and i hear a knock.

"Benjamin? Can we uh..come in?" Elena asks.
"Of course come in," I reply calmly "Elena, I- I'm really sorry about earlier..,"
"Benjamin it's ok," Elena says in a light tone "This is Bonnie," Elena gestures to a girl with beautiful chocolate skin and dark brown hair
"Hi, Damon gave me a ring for you and I already put the spell on it. You can try it out tomorrow when the suns up," Bonnie gives me a smile and hands me the ring. I put the ring on my finger and give her a little smile.
Elena and Bonnie leave my room and I hear them walk downstairs.

It is the next morning already. I got no sleep  last night. I am so fucking excited. Igear a know at my door.

"Benny come on lets go man!" Damon bursts into my room with a huge grin on his face "Come on up and at em big brother time for your first time in the sun!"

"Ok ok im ready!!" I can bearly contain my excitement. It is going to be such a relief to be able to finally walk in the sun.

Damon and I head downstairs and he opens the front door for me. The sun shines in and I unconsciously retract from the sunlight.

"Go one man. Bonnies spells never fail," Damon says

"Ok here goes nothing," I say as i stick my hand into the sun and then eventually i make my way outside and now my entire body is out in the sun. I feel warm, nice I feel cosy.

"Ok lets go Benny, get in the car," Damon says as he opens the passenger door for me. Damon gets into the drivers side and starts driving.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, my hand hanging out the window in the sun.

"To go meet some friends at the Mystic Grill," Damon responds, he gives a small chuckle when he sees my hand out the window. "You'll get used to it,"

"How have i gone nearly 150 some odd years without knowing this was possible," I have the biggest smile on my face, sort of like the face a child makes when they get candy.

"I dont know man," Damon shakes his head and laughs lightly. He pulls up outside the Mystic Grill "Now dont eat anyone, especially my girlfriend, Elena, shes off limits. Ok,"

"Oh yeah, I'm uh sorry about that," I respond, I sound scared almost.

"It's ok man just don't let it happen again," Damon says as he get out of the car.

"Ok man," I say as i climb out of the car. I follow Damon inside and we make our way to the bar. A tall man with blonde-ish brown hair who looks like a divorced college professor waves at Damon.

"Benny, meet Alaric Saltzman, ex-vampire hunter turned vampire then turned back human who teaches occult studies at Whitmore College," Damon says gesturing to Alaric.

"Uh Hi, nice to meet you," I give off a nervous laugh.

"Benny right?" Alaric turns to Damon "Your brother Benny?"

"Yes the one and only Benjamin Salvatore," Damon answers.

Alaric and Damon catch up and then conversation turn to me. I tell my story of how I turned and have been looking for Damon and Stefan for my entire existence. Alaric asks alot of questions involving history and i try my best to answer him.

We've been drinking for hours and we are all pretty drunk when Elena and a blonde girl walk in and make their way over. They loom worried.

"Damon we have a problem," Elena says in a rush.....