part fifty nine: the delivery

Start from the beginning

Harry stands up, hunched over so he could put his arm around me while still holding my hand.

"You're the strongest woman I know. You can do this." he speaks before planting a kiss on top of my head.

With his words remaining prominent in my clouded mind, I prepare to push again. I clenched every muscle I had as I felt a fiery pain in my lower stomach. I grind my teeth as I held my breath.

"She's almost here!" the doctor says, encouraging me to keep going.

My body was absolutely exhausted and I just wanted to pass out. I had been pushing for well over an hour.

There were nurses crowding Harry and I. Harry was still bloodied and beaten and he'd need medical attention after this, but for right now, his only worry lies with me and our daughter.

I was gripping both of Harry's hands at this point, using his grasp as resistance for the pain shooting through me.

"I love you so much." he whispered, his chin resting on my head.

"I-I love you too." I stammer in response.

Feeling Harry's mere presence around me masked the pain a little bit. He brought me such a since of comfort.

I never thought I'd see his beautiful face again. He had been captured and I thought that was it.

The moment I saw his face when he barged into this delivery room, every sense of hope that I had lost suddenly came crashing back. I didn't even comprehend the fact that he was back until maybe thirty minutes ago.

Feeling his hands in my hands was such an indescribable feeling. I felt so at peace, even though chaos was all around me.

I became so focused on Harry being back here with me that I didn't even realize I had been pushing the whole time.

That's what Harry did, he made me better. He hid my own pain.

I kept my eyes shut and my teeth clenched as I kept doing what the doctor told me to. I just kept pushing, then stopping for a matter of seconds, then continued again.

"It hurts!" I yell.

"You're so close, Lydia." A nurse encourages.

I took one more deep breath in and tightened every muscle in my body, every part of my anatomy constricting. I scream out in agony, my eyes pinched shut as I dig my nails into Harry's hands.

And in one final moment, I felt as if my body had slipped out of itself. I finish pushing and toss my head back over Harry's arm, breathing heavily with my eyes shut.

Then, I heard the ear-piercing cry of an infant.

"Oh my god." I hear Harry murmur. I instantly open my eyes, looking in front of me to see the doctor with my newborn daughter in her arms.

My jaw drops open as they wrap her in a towel and bring her over to me, gently placing her tiny, crying body in my arms.

I feel my eyes well up with tears, looking down at her.

"Lydia, she's beautiful." Harry says gently, looking down at her as well with his arm around me.

I sniff as I look up at him with a smile, seeing tears in his own eyes.

I was overwhelmed with the fact that I was holding my own child. It was like all the pain that had led up to this moment didn't matter anymore. She was the end goal and she was finally here.

Harry rubs my head softly, the both of us admiring the tiny human being we created.

"Hi, Daisy." I whisper to my crying baby.

I could hear Harry sniffling, probably just as emotional as me.

This meant so much for us. There were times where I never thought we'd make it to this point. I loved him so much, and now I'm holding our child.

Suddenly, I had so much more to protect.

A nurse comes and gently takes Daisy to evaluate her.

With my arms now free, I reach up and grab Harry's face, bringing it down to mine so I could kiss him.

I plant my lips on his, gently holding his face in my hands and being careful because he was bruised up fairly badly.

"I'm so proud of you." he says between kisses.

"I'm proud of us." I say into his lips.

Our lips separate and I look at his face, his lips curled into a smile.

"God, they really did a number on you." I mumble as I examine his features.

"I'm okay." he says.

"You always say that."

"But I mean it. I'm with you, so I'm okay. How could I not be?" he smiles as he gestures over to our daughter.

I smile. "You still need a nurse to fix you up, though." I say. He was covered in dry blood and bruised up everywhere.

"Okay, okay." he says, squeezing my hand before walking over to a nurse. He started speaking to her, asking her to bandage him up and help him out.

I laid back on my pillow, my body finally being able to relax in the slightest bit.

Harry walks back over to me. "I'm gonna go with this nurse and she's gonna examine me. I love you, I'll be back in a minute." he says, kissing my forehead quickly.

I nod. "I love you too."

I was slightly worried, considering the last time he left he was kidnapped...but he was with a nurse now. He wouldn't be left alone.

They wrapped Daisy in a swaddle, placing her in a clear bed next to mine. She was still crying a little bit, but she was all clean now.

I decided to get some shut eye, smiling to myself because I had my daughter right next to me.

I'm officially a mother now.

//

im crying.
there's a couple chapters left. i'll get them out as soon as possible. i love you so much.