Chapter 14-We're going to ruin each other

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it.
-Mark Anthony

I walked back in my room hesitantly. Piper looked up at me when I entered. She didn't say anything. At least she wasn't crying anymore.

"I think Sevani works for Kane. That's why there is no police and no body." Her voice broke my heart. I knew she wanted to sound strong so I tried to act normal.

I was a bit shocked that she was talking to me. I nodded at her words. Well, yes, of course he is. I sighed trying to think of something to make her feel better. Her boyfriend just died, Kora, nothing will make her feel better.

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked just to make sure.

"He's dead. Unless you can bring him back, no, there's nothing you can do." I shuddered at her words. I wasn't used to her speaking like this. She's always been so sweet and affectionate.

"I never meant for this to happen. If I had known that he was going to..." I felt like I was going to cry. I was so fucking sorry. I would give anything to make it better.

"What? What would you have done? Would you have left? And then you would have put other innocent people in danger..." She shook her head.

I had no words. I nodded and left the room, but not before grabbing my dagger. I couldn't bear to look her in the eyes anymore. I had to do something, anything.

I didn't bother to knock on the door. I just entered and closed the door behind me. I took a deep breath to control myself so I wouldn't kill him right now.

"Miss Reed, what can I do for you?" He smiled. He was nervous.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I knew you were low, but covering the death of one of your students..." I laughed bitterly.

"I don't know what you are talking about." He chuckled. I could read the fear in his eyes.

"Stop it. Just don't. I know you're working for Kane."

His smile dropped. "I work with him, not for him." He said proudly.

"You disgust me." I spat but he didn't look affected. "Where is Peter's body?"

"Somewhere in the woods." He shrugged.

"I need the exact location." I showed him the dagger and he swallowed nervously. Yes, you should be afraid.

I walked back in my dorm. Piper was lying on the bed with a book in her hand. Her eyes weren't moving and I guess she was probably just staring at the book without actually reading. I decided not to point out that the book was upside down.

"I know that you're upset with me, but I thought you might want to know where Peter is buried. So, you can say goodbye." My voice was soft, afraid I might upset her even more.

One friend, that's all I had and now I have nothing. She hates me and will probably never forgive me. But I wanted to give her this. She needed closure.

"Yes, that'd be nice." She got up and came to me.

I stood there, petrified, not sure about what she was doing. My breathing stopped when her arms came around me, holding me tightly. Did she just hug me?

She started sobbing like a little child. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch. I know it's not your fault. But he's dead and I..."

She couldn't speak anymore; she was crying too hard. I held her there until she calmed down, patting her back and telling her how sorry I was.