I nodded. "It's only been a few months. But I mean, a lot has changed."

"And a lot will changed." He added as he picked up his menu.

He said it so easily, like it was nothing but it really was something. He was right, a lot would change but we really wouldn't know what if you asked us.

Things could change for the better, or for the worst. We wouldn't know.

But I didn't say anything of what I was thinking, just picked up my menu and pretended I was looking for something appealing when I already knew exactly what I wanted.

A tall boy approached us with an apron and a notepad in his hand. He didn't look any thing older than 17 so I assumed he went to WestShore.

"Hello, my WestShore peeps. I'm ya'll's waiter tonight so if you need anything just call on me." He spoke too enthusiastically.

I smiled at this knowing he really wasn't that happy about being our waiter and was only doing his job. I had a babysitting job down at EastShore some time ago so I knew the struggle of feeling shit tired but still having to act like you're happy and full of energy.

"I'm sure you two aren't ready to order but how about some drinks? What would you like, lady?" He asked averting his green eyes to mine.

"I'll just take a vanilla milkshake." I stated.

"And you?" He asked Ryder, his eyes on his notepad as he wrote something down.

"Coke." Ryder said cooly.

He nodded and dropped his notepad in the little pocket on his apron. "I'll be right back."

Just before he left, my eyes traveled down onto his name tag and I smiled to myself.

"Hey Ryder, guess what his name is?" I asked.

"Don't really wanna know. 'Kid obviously has a thing for you. "

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his last statement. "Andrew. It's Andrew."

"Oh God. Don't remind me."

I laughed. "C'mon, your uncle's the bomb."

"You can take him if you want."

"I'll take him gladly, you know. Might even take your mum too."

"Nah, I need her."

"Of course. Who else would change your diapers?" I asked casually as I sat back.

Carmen - 1
Ryder - 0

"I'm sure you'd love the job." He said smirking.

Carmen - 1
Ryder - 1

"Me? No. I quit babysitting years ago."

"Why?"

"Some of the kids just didn't like being suffocated with my love and affection." I said with a knowing smile.

Carmen - 2
Ryder - 1

"Well I don't mind that type of suffocation if it's with the right person at the right time, you know?"

The look on his face made it apparent that he thought he'd won, that he thought he'd threw me off.

"Kinky?" I asked.

"Only with you." He winked.

Now he'd thrown me off.

Carmen - 2
Ryder - 100,000,000

Our waiter returned with our drinks before I could even speak and I'm glad he did because Ryder's attention was no longer fully focused on me.

"Thanks." Ryder said as he placed our drinks in front of us.