Prologue

||Carmen Anders||

I tapped my fingers against my desk as I waited for Dylan's phone call. He'd said he would call but I was slowly getting impatient.

My phone rang and I quickly jumped up to grab it.

"Dylan?!" I asked.

"Nope," I heard my mother's voice, "It's your mother."

I groaned in disappointment. "What do you want?"

"Excuse me but that's no way to greet the woman who brought you into this world."

I rolled my eyes. I was being rude but I knew she really didn't care.

"Hi, Mom."

I heard her chuckle. "You know if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were waiting for someone else to call."

I shrugged, forgetting that she couldn't see me.

"I just wanted to call and tell you that I'll be home late."

I look up at the clock. "It's 11 o'clock. It's already late."

I could practically feel her roll her eyes at the ceiling. "Just give the phone to your brother."

I bit my lip. "I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because he's asleep." I lied.

"At 11? On a Saturday night? That doesn't sound like your brother."

"I know, it's strange but I guess he was just tired."

"Okay, dinner's on you then. Can you manage?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll just grab some left overs."

"M'kay, I'll see you later. Love you."

"Bye." I hung up.

He owes me big time.

I put my phone down and headed downstairs to fish for something to eat. I didn't really feel like having leftovers so I just put together a bowl of ice cream and gummy bears.

I was just about to sit down and enjoy my bowl of ice cream when my phone rang again.

"Hello?" I said feeling slightly annoyed.

"We're going to Livvy Land Park, I'll be there in 10." Dylan's voice told me.

"But-"

"Nope. Your brother's out partying and we deserve to go out too." With that, he hung up.

And that's how I ended up at Livvy Land Amusement Park that night. I wasn't really happy about it but I should admit, I was slightly excited to be out of the house.

"So which ride first?" Dylan asked me.

"I don't know." I said, a little bit uneasy.

I was not really fond of roller coasters. They were supposed to be fun but I didn't see anything fun about them.

He rolled his eyes. "Let's try the dragon one."

I looked up at him. "Dylan, there's like ten of them."

"I'm talking about that one." He said as he pointed behind me.

I turned myself around to see which one he was pointing at but instead my shoulder slammed into a hard chest. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a phone fall to the ground. I picked it up and a pained expression covered my face as I saw a crack on the screen.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"Don't worry," a voice said, "It was already like that."