Chapter 3 - More Than Just Labor Pains

Hope and Josie go shopping for Josie when Hope feels like she has to go to the bathroom.

"I wonder if this store has a bathroom."

Josie looks at her with wide eyes. "You just went two stores ago!"

"I know and I have to go again!"

They walk inside and Hope goes to the restroom, coming back out and looking through dresses with Josie, finding a cute one.

"Oh, I love this!" She puts it up against her, making a face. "Look, it takes two of them to cover me!"

Josie smiles, laying her head on Hope's shoulder. "Yeah, but you're having a baby!"

She hands it to Josie. "You try it on!"

Josie takes it and changes into it right there, putting it on before taking her shirt off.

"I want a baby! Should I have one with Mike?"

Shrugging, Hope asks her, "Do you love him?"

Josie shrugs. "No!"

Hope chuckles as she helps her. "You should try some of that Nobel Prize Winner sperm!"

Josie looks at her like she's crazy. "Nobel Prize Winners ejaculating in jars?"

"Well, give it a thought! Don't you want a smart baby?"

Josie lets out a sarcastic chuckle. "Yeah, that's all I need! A baby telling me what an idiot I am! As if I don't get enough of that at work!"

"God, I am so lucky I found a nice, handsome family man!"

Giving Hope a look. "Yeah, except it's someone else's family!"

"Yeah, but that's why he left! Because he's in love with me and we're gonna have a baby!"

Josie smirks as she whispers to her, "Sounds like the people in the next room are!"

Hope listens as she hears a couple sound like they were getting ready to get it on when the curtain to the room opens and she sees Landon in there with his decorator, her face falling as she looks at him, grabs her purse and walks out.

"Hope?"

Josie just stands there, looking disgusted as the decorator calls out to Landon as he runs out, Josie following him.

He catches up to her and turns her to look at him. "Hope, let me explain!"

Josie runs over to stand next to Hope as the decorator stands next to Landon. "Oh, this I gotta hear!"

The saleslady from the stores runs out, looking at Josie and the decorator. "Excuse me, these dresses haven't been paid for."

Neither girl listens as the decorator looks at Landon. "Landon, I thought you told her!"

Josie hears and looks at Hope. "Don't take this shit from him!"

The saleslady interferes and says, "I'm gonna call the cops if you don't move the dresses back in. Now! Thank you!"

Josie and the decorator walk back in while Hope stands there, looking at Landon.

"Landon, what's going on?"

He looks at her, remorseful. "Hope, I've fallen in love. Bree knows all about it. I'm gonna move in with Melanie. I don't know if it'll last or what. It just happened and I had to act on it."

Standing there in shock as she shakes her head. "How can this be? What didn't you say anything to me about it?"

"I didn't wanna upset you when you were so close to the end of your pregnancy."