15 : 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝖿𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖪𝗂𝗌𝗌𝖾𝗌

「🌙」

Nighttime fell. Everyone in the kingdom had found out about the untimely death of their beloved King. All were mourning- devastated, gloomy and weary. Except for Prince Soobin who was silently rejoicing back in his room.

As for Y/N, she still couldn't get over the feeling of being a failure. Now, she's desperate. She knew she couldn't drag Prince Yeonjun to safety if she would only tell him the prophecy. She needed to initiate a plan. Mayhaps sneak the Prince out and away whether he likes it or not. Either out of will or by force.

Prince Yeonjun, on the other hand, was on his way to seek comfort from the girl. He knew she was still awake. Her lantern still radiates a faint glow behind the translucent walls. He didn't bother to knock; he simply slid the door open only to find her packing away in haste.

"Y-Y/N..?"

She turned sharply. "Your Highness.."

"What are you doing?"

"Err.."

He didn't let her answer. Prince Yeonjun invited himself in and closed the door tightly shut behind. Y/N observed his demeanor. He was sulky, eyes puffed due to the crying and she could also tell that he was slowly falling apart internally- which is understandable because of the situation.

"Allow me, Your Highness." She sat and opened her arms.

"Just as I needed.." He sped up and practically threw himself to her.

"I'm so sorry, Your Highness."

"You don't have to be.. It's not your fault.."

'It is.' Y/N thought.

"It's just hard to believe that he's gone. He never told me a speck about his problems."

Prince Yeonjun sniffled. And from that sniffle, down rolled new tears until he eventually broke down into sobs. Y/N felt her heart crush. As much as she wanted to be straightforward, she couldn't find a chance to break it down. It'd be too much for the Prince to carry. So she tightened her arms around him instead and gently rubbed his back.

"Like I said, Your Highness. Death is inevitable."

"But he left me too soon.." The Prince spoke through tears. "He left us too soon!"

"I know.. I know.."

Y/N decided to not speak any further. She let him cry on her clothes for a long time, drenching it with tears gradually. Prince Yeonjun held tightly onto her robes, not caring anymore about the softness and vulnerability he has shown to his own slave. Because at that night, she to him was somebody more than that. In fact, he's been thinking about it for days prior.

"Y/N.."

"Yes?"

"Are you going to leave me too?"