02 : 𝖱𝗈𝗒𝖺𝗅 𝖥𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒

「🏯」

We all arrived at a grand palace. I could tell that this was the one wherein the royalties from the Choi dynasty used to dwell- I've read a lot about them.

This Yeonjun guy got off his horse and went inside the big doors guarded by knights. I skeptically looked around. Everyone were dressed traditionally apart from me who was still in my sweater and shorts. There were no cameras nor cables either.

"Is he going to speak to the director?" I asked the man who took me.

He didn't reply. Instead, he just kept a straight face. Well, crap. Everyone's a bit snob aren't they? He jumped off his horse and heaved me out afterwards. I was forced to stand in front of the palace's entrance and had guards to stand on either of my sides.

"Who is it that you want to show me, Yeonjun?" A voice resonated from inside the palace.

The doors opened again to reveal a quite old-looking man in clothes similar to Yeonjun's. My eyes widened.

'Isn't he Emperor Choi..?' I thought.

Man, he absolutely looks just like the portraits in the books! Damn, they did find the best impersonators, didn't they? "Emperor Choi" stared down at me with raised brows. I could see the interest and belittling on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"And who is this?"

I huffed. "Y/N."

"Did I tell you to speak, young lady?"

"Shouldn't you be grateful that I answered your question, sir?"

He squinted his eyes at me. Yeonjun at the back just folded his arms and watched in delight.

"Can you like.." I raised a brow. "Cut all this drama and send me home instead? I literally have no idea how you guys abducted me from my parents or whatever but I'll never hesitate to file a complaint if you don't do as I say!"

"Yeonjun, where did you find this woman?"

"In the streets, father. She's quite eccentric, isn't she? Just look at her clothes and the way she talks."

"Eccentric indeed but unrefined." The "emperor" turned and walked back inside. "You take care of your garbage and I shall be on my throne."

"So you're saying you're just gonna leave me here?! Hello?!"

The "prince" toddled down the steps and came face to face with me. I placed a hand on my hips and pulled up an 'what-are-you-gonna-do?' face. That was when I realized that he, too, looked like the real Prince Yeonjun from the books. Where have they been getting all these actors?!

"How bold of you to speak to the Emperor like that, lady."

"Oh, puh-lease!" I held out a hand. "You guys might have the looks but your acting sucks. Now release me before I lash around this place. I'm not even kidding."

He smirked and snapped his fingers. Two guards came to hold me on both arms. I resisted and squirmed but to no luck.

"Let me go!"

"Not until you learn how to pay respects."

"I want to go home! Mom! Dad!"

"You are lovely." Yeonjun shook his head. "But your foul mouth stains the picture."

"I didn't ask for your damn opinion." I hissed.

"Of course, you never did." He smiled. "Throw her to the dungeons."

[Third Person's POV]

Prince Yeonjun watched as Y/N was being dragged away to the underground dungeons. He felt bad for her- he never really wanted to dispatch a lady just like that. He simply brushed the feeling off his guts and went back inside to relay the news to his father, the Great Emperor Choi Da Eun.

The Emperor was sitting proudly on his throne with servants all around, ready to take whatever he orders them to do. On his lower left sat Prince Yeonjun's younger brother, Prince Soobin.

"Hello, father." Prince Yeonjun beamed. "I have gotten rid of the girl. I have yet to realize that she must learn her lessons the hard way."

"Brilliant. Brilliant."

Prince Soobin gazed up at him. He was once busy reading his heaps of books plastered beside him when he heard Prince Yeonjun speak about this mysterious maiden. It perked his interest- which was usually rare since he either just ignores the things around him or he was too immersed with all the scriptures written on his precious journals.

"Why, hello dear brother." Prince Soobin greeted. "I never thought you'd still have the guts to go home."

"Didn't you miss me, Soobin?"

"Why would I? After all, you've had your nose sniffing the nasty air outside the walls and skin touching those from the unfortunates."

"I would rather admire the beauty of our kingdom than to bury my nose between those boring pages all day, brother."

"If hadn't you only been outside for so long, you would have seen how fair of a maiden Count Mang's daughter was when they paid us a visit earlier."

"Save your beautiful mistress. I have my own."

Prince Soobin scoffed. "You're not talking about your lowly prisoner, are you?"

"I am." Prince Yeonjun responded smugly.

"I can't believe you're settling for less, my brother. What a shame."

"I am not settling for less. I just find her peculiar and interesting if only she knows how to keep her tainted little mouth shut."

"Whatever floats your boat." Prince Soobin shrugged.

Prince Yeonjun frowned at his brother's statement. He immediately excused himself and went to his room. His thoughts began to wonder about Y/N. That girl must be someone so special. The way she acts was nowhere near the behaviours of the townspeople he'd met. He never knew why she was so different as if she came from another unknown generation.

"Who are you?" He muttered as he laid on his bed, eyes staring at the carved ceiling.