Chapter 29 ~ Z as Z-move

Start from the beginning

Once she had them done, she sat down next to Ash on the sand and let her Pokemon do whatever they wanted to do.

"You know, I never get tired of watching you when you make a performance, be it the competition itself or just the rehearsals," said Ash and Serena smiled at him.

"Thank you, Ash, and I'm not tired of watching you when you battle or train with your Pokemon," she said, giving a small kiss to Ash's cheek.

Ash smiled at her and then looked at the Z-ring on the girl's wrist. "You haven't tried your Z-crystal in practice yet," he said and Serena raised her Z-ring to the level of her face.

"True, I'm not," she said, then seemed to get the idea. "So, what if we tried it now?" she said and then exclaimed a short distance away to Sylveon, who was playing with Skitty, "Hey Sylveon, would you come here for a moment!?"

As Sylveon turned and happily jumped at Serena, Ash grinned as he realized what Serena meant by her sentence.

"Fits me," he said, then exclaimed to Pikachu, "Hey Pikachu, let's put some resistance to her!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said as he ran to Ash. He looked at Serena and this one nodded.

"Let's start," she said and got up and then she and Sylveon settled into positions, with Ash and Pikachu doing the same.

They started with a few normal moves, but after a while, Serena decided it was time to double the stakes a bit now.

"Okay, Sylveon, are you ready?" she asked her Pokemon and this one nodded resolutely and said, "Veon!"

"Okay, be ready!" Serena said and touched the pink Z-crystal on the Z-ring on her wrist. Ash, standing opposite her, said to Pikachu, "Okay, Pikachu. Be ready when she makes a Z-move."

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu and took a better position. The other Pokemon had also gathered around them and watched the match with interest.

Serena made the necessary movements to activate the move and the golden symbol flashed over Sylveon.

"Sylveon, Twinkle Tackle!" she exclaimed and Sylveon prepared for the move. Serena also looked with interest at what a Fairy type Z-move might look like.

It's just a pity that no move ever came.

Serena looked in front of her in wonder and Sylveon turned to look at her trainer in confusion, as if asking why nothing had happened.

"Uh... Serena, shouldn't you have done the Z-move?" Ash asked, confused and Serena sighed, "I was going and I did all the moves and other stuff right, but still no moves show up!"

She slumped into the sand and said in wonder, "Why didn't it work out?"

"Well, sometimes there can be problems making the Z-move for the first time," Ash said and came to Serena. Serena looked at him and sighed.

"Yeah, of course, and I am, of course, the person to whom they didn't work," she said and looked at the Z-ring on her wrist. "Maybe I'm not meant to do these moves, I'm not even a real battler."

"Nonsense, you're a really good battler and Z-moves can be done by anyone," Ash said resolutely and stood up. He held out his hand to Serena and said, "Come on, let's try again," and pulled Serena up. "Never give up 'til the very end. You should remember that"

Serena smiled and said, "You're right." Then she also took a determined look on her face and said, "Sylveon, let's try again. And this time we'll succeed."

Back to the present:

"And so we tried a second time and this time Serena got something done," Ash ended the story and Serena nodded.