Chapter 13

~YN's P.O.V~

I was really trying hard to focus on my study but couldn't. The whole day I was getting calls and messages from different unknown numbers and they were making me crazy.

I tried to ignore them but I was also human and I had curiosity too. So I checked the notifications time to time and each time I regretted it. Some messages contained threats whereas some contained bashful words against me. Jungkook's fan girls were the worst!

*knock* *knock*

"Who is it now? Can't anybody just let me study in peace?" I shouted in an irritated tone from my room.

"It's Jungkook...... I wanted to talk to you for a moment...... I-if it's okay with you!"

"What the hell! What makes you think it's okay with me? I don't want to talk to you nor do I want to see your shit face. Did you already forget what you said to me in that cafe ha!!" I shouted, still not opening the door.

"Please YN, I came here to apologize. Just give me a chance to explain," Jungkook pleaded.

I never thought that he would want to apologize. Now that he was here should I listen to him? Everyone deserves a second chance right!

I was about to open the door when I realized "My soulmate scars!" I ran towards my dressing table and picked up the concealer that Fay gave me. After applying it on my wrist, I opened the door to my room.

"Now talk, I'm listening," I said, crossing my hands in front of my chest.

"Can we first sit and then talk?" He offered.

I rolled my eyes at him and moved out of the way to let him enter my room. He sat on a chair and I sat on the edge of my bed, facing each other.

"Whatever I said to you yesterday, I didn't mean a single word. I wasn't in my right mind and blabbered nonsense. I know it's hard to forgive but..........."

"So you think an apology solves everything? What if I pull out one of your eyeballs now and apologize, will that be okay? Will you forgive me?" I asked without letting him finish his sentence.

He looked at me with widened eyes and......he looked a little bit scared! Did he really think that I would pull out his eyeballs? His expression reminded me of a scared little bunny. I tried hard to hold my laugh.

"You know there's no point in forgiving you cause you're gonna do this again when you lose your temper," I said again and he looked down feeling guilty.

"I don't lose my temper this easily. It's just that there's a reason for that," he muttered while looking down at the floor.

"Then tell me."

Hearing my words he lifted his head up and looked at me for a moment. It seemed like he was thinking something and then he took out his wallet from his back pocket.

"This is the letter written by my noona (elder sister)," he said, taking out an old and fragile piece of folded paper from his wallet.

"My parents were always busy with work and my noona was the only one to take care of me. She was my best friend and there were times when I used to call her mommy," Jungkook chuckled a little bit reminiscing the past.

"Then suddenly one day she had an accident and...... She wrote this letter in her death bed, the doctors knew she wasn't gonna live........so they let her fulfill her last wish and it was to write a letter to her dear little brother. I was only seven then."

He smiled softly at me and that sorrow filled smile broke my heart into little pieces. Tears were threatening to come out of my eyes but I managed to hold them.

"Since that incident my mom is suffering from seizures.....whenever she remembers her daughter or anyone mentions her name..... she goes into seizure. We maybe rich YN, but our family is a total mess."

Well now that explained a lot. I hated him for no reason. Who knew, the popular rich guy had so much on his shoulders!

"YN, I never wanted anyone's fake sympathies or anything, that's why I never mention my family issues to anyone. You know how everyone is in the college! They make mountain out of a molehill."

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I didn't know you had to go thought all this. And don't worry, I won't mention it to anyone," I replied with a assuring smile.

"So..... does that mean you forgive me?" He asked, showing his bunny smile that I never noticed before. I was always so busy hating him that I never noticed his beautiful features.

"Jungkook......!"

"Hmm......!"

"I know that this letter means a lot to you but don't you think you acted very impulsively when she dropped coffee accidentally! She tried to commit suicide Jungkook! She was poor and it was her only job."

"Who are you talking about?" He asked being confused.

"About one and a half year ago, a waitress dropped coffee on your wallet and then........"

"You're talking about Choi Mina, aren't you?"

"So you remember the incident!! Yeah it's Mina, I don't know her surname," I asked being surprised. I never thought that he would remember it.

"First tell me one thing, is she the reason why you behaved rudely with me all this time?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for that. But you must admit Jungkook, you were very rude and I kind of....... hated you for that," I replied averting my gaze away from him.

"You're so naive Lee YN!" He said with a smirk.

"Wha-what do you mean?"

"Mina is the only daughter of Mr Choi Hoon, one of the most influential businessesman of Korea. She was obsessed over me and stalked me everywhere. I didn't know about her till that incident. Actually I went to apologize to her and that's when I found out. And when....."

"When you rejected her she tried to commit suicide!!! Oh God......I'm so stupid. I actually thought she was a poor helpless girl! Should I jump off a cliff now!" I almost shouted in frustration and pulled my hair with both my hands.

"You don't need to do that. So, let's be friends.... what do you say?" He asked with a smile, extending his hand.

I nodded and shook his hands(4). I was internally bashing myself as I hated this innocent person for more than a year and for what reason? Should I tell him now that he's my soulmate? I think I should tease him more till I reveal myself.

Only if she knew that someone was eavesdropping on them and cooking up a plan to destroy her friendship with Jungkook. Would it be too late to reveal herself and someone else would take the chance????