~3~

Bailey bursted out laughing as Aubrey held her hands up to her head at the place where the ball had just hit her. Aubrey glared at her brother and leaned over to slap him over the head, not that it really hurt her. The siblings often kicked the footy together and getting hit in the head by each other was somewhat of a common occurrence, common enough that it didn't really phase the older Smith sibling, she would have preferred to be aware that a ball was coming her way though.

"Stop laughing dumbass before I make you cry instead." Aubrey said and Josh Dunkley rushed over to apologise.

"You could never." Bailey challenges and before Aubrey could argue with him, she was cut off.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry, the ball hit the wrong part of my foot and went in a weird direction." Josh spoke and looked at Aubrey, looking over her for any clear marks that he could have accidentally caused. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah don't stress." Aubrey chuckled and took a good look at the boy in front of her, she paused for a second trying to take all of him in. He was for lack of better words, gorgeous. He had brunette hair and bright blue eyes and was built to the point where Aubrey could see his muscles even though he wasn't flexing or trying to show them off at all. She wasn't really looking, but who wouldn't if he was standing in front of them.

"I'm Josh, you must be Bailey's sister." The boy that Aubrey now knew was Josh, flashed her a smile and stuck out his hand for her to shake, Aubrey happily complied and put her small hand into his much larger one, a bit timidly if nothing else.

"I am," Aubrey smiled and then handed Josh the ball that had hit her. "Maybe watch where you're kicking next time." Aubrey smiled and Josh laughed along with her.

"Yeah, sorry about that," the boy scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I should make it up to you."

"That's where I stop you." Bailey stepped between the pair and put his hand on Josh's chest, he was smiling but it didn't seem as if he was enjoying the conversation. "You can make it up to her by not hitting her with a ball ever again."

"Chill out Bailey, he's just being nice." Aubrey rolled her eyes at her brother and looked at Josh, her expression quickly changing into a polite smile. 

"It was nice to meet you," Josh smiled and winked at the girl as he jogged back over to Easton and JJ who seemed to be waiting for him to return, rather impatiently.

~~~

Chloe, Logan and Aubrey had said goodbye to one another and Bailey and Aubrey were now making their way back to the family household. It was safe to say that Bailey was right about Aubrey enjoying her day and liking the people that she met, as she was texting Chloe and Logan in the new group chat that they had made only minutes after they went their separate ways.

"Who was right and who was wrong?" Bailey questioned and smirked at Aubrey, he knew the answer, he just really wanted to hear her say it.

"Eh, I'm not sure." Aubrey replied and Bailey rolled his eyes. "You were right little, I'm just a bit confused because that shit never happens."

"Shut the fuck up and go back to Ireland, you've been here for long enough." Bailey huffed and focused his attention back on driving.

"You'd miss me too much, don't even act like you wouldn't." Aubrey smirked at Bailey and reached out to ruffle his hair.

"Maybe I would."

~~~

"How was the training?" Mila questioned, her and Aubrey were on the phone catching up on what they had missed out. It was pretty much the first day they hadn't spent together after a whole year of living together in Ireland.

"It was good, I met a few girls that are really sweet." Aubrey updated Mila who hummed at the comment. "We should all catch up for coffee or something so that you can meet them as well."

"Sounds good to me, I lost like all of my friends that lived here." Mila chuckled. "Any cute boys other then your brother?"

"You and Bailey need to stop joking around about that stuff, its nasty." Aubrey pointed out, the two loved to piss her off and that was a main way to do it. Fake flirting with one another. "There was this one cute guy, he hit me in the face with a ball."

"Soon he'll be hitting you in the face with his-."

"Shut up!" Aubrey exclaimed though she was laughing through it. "You're so gross."

"What's his name?" Mila questioned ignoring the reaction that she got from her comment, Mila was much more into the conversation now that a possible boyfriend for Aubrey was the topic of conversation.

"Josh, but after what happened last time, I don't think I want a boyfriend anytime soon." Aubrey pointed out as the painful memories of her ex boyfriend stuck out in her mind, he had treated her so wrong and left her feeling so insecure for quite some time. "That and, I barely know him, he might be taken and Bailey was already being an overprotective little shit like he always seems to be."

"It's so funny when he's like that, but he always warms up to them eventually, he's probably just a bit on guard because of the last one, who, by the way, doesn't even matter. That and the fact that this dude is his friend and he has to spend most of the days of the week with him as well." Mila pointed out. "You should do your best to forget about him, he was never going to be the right one for you."

"I just want to be single for a while now, I don't want to rush anything with anyone." Aubrey said and her best friend huffed in disappointment, completely disagreeing with her plan. "You don't have a boyfriend either."

"No, but I do have tinder so I am trying to get one, unlike you."

"When you get murdered by one of the guys that you meet on that cursed app, it is not my fault and I will be saying 'I told you so.'"

bailey smiths mullet is immaculate