Chapter 1- Party Hour

W/N: usually i put this at the end but i couldnt wait. Im new to the site & would love it if some people helped me out! : )

-Alright so I decided to put the summary in here as well because..... when people use the mobile edition, they dont always have a summary of what their reading. Trust me I know. ; )

Summary: Lost. Is something Elaine Fawcett has always been for as long as she can remember. She cant really think for herself. She's desperately trying to find herself throughout the party dresses and fancy cars. But what happens when she seeks the help of her the new bad boy neighbor? Something frighteningly exciting happens, that's what. As these two teenagers go on a quest to find who Elaine really is, true feelings are discovered, and hearts will be broken. Elaine will not only discover who she is, but also..... what it means to love.

Chapter 1- Party Hour

"Elaine are you sure your sucking it in?" My mother asked while tugging at my zipper. I groaned inwardly and tried my best not to argue with my mother. I was beginning to regret asking my mother to help me zip my dress up.

"Yes mom." I whispered keeping my eyes to the floor. I sucked in another deep breath and sucked my already small stomach in. I felt my mother grip angrily at the zipper and finally with a yell she finished zipping my midsection up. I let out a deep, yet restricted breath, and gripped the back of my computer chair tightly.

"There we go." My mother said stepping in front of me and wiping her hands together as she inspected my outfit. "Elaine dear stand up straight, I want to look at you." My mother ordered. I did as she said and straightened my spinal chord out, raising my chin at the right level, and placing my hands at my side. I watched as my mothers dark blue eyes roam over my party dress.

The warm air drifted into my room and across my exposed shoulders. It felt good against my flushed skin.

"This is suitable." My mother said snapping her eyes to me and holding my attention. I gripped the chair even tighter when my mother said that. Never could she call me beautiful or say I look elegant. It was always the same limited responses. ' That'll do.' or 'Maybe we should have gotten the other dress.' Sometimes I wished my mother hadn't been in so many beauty pageants as a kid and teenager. Maybe then she'd lighten up to her eldest daughter.

"Mommy! I can't find my other shoe!" I heard a voice yell out. I moved my eyes pass my mother and met the my five year old little sisters large blue eyes. Her small hands were clenched into tight fist and she looked as if she was about to cry. Her light blonde hair was tied into a ponytail. The hair coming out of her ponytail was curled into one long curl. Her light blue ruffled party dress made her dark blue eyes light up. I smiled at her. I soon moved my eyes to my sisters feet and noticed one of her black Mary Jane shoes were missing.

"Alana how many times do I have to tell you to keep up with your things?" my mother crowed as she walked out of my room and towards my little sister. I watched as her simple black dress hugged her middle age body as she stopped right in my doorframe. "Elaine were leaving in ten. And for god sakes put on some lipstick." my mother said as she ushered herself and my sister out of my room. I inwardly rolled my eyes at my mother and turned to face my body length mirror.

I noticed a pair of light blue eyes stare back at me and it took me a minute to realize that it was me who was looking at me. I moved my eyes down the mirror and looked at my party dress. It was a simple pale yellow dress, it stopped above my bust line and ended just below my pale white knee's, a dress my mother had picked out making sure she made it two sizes too small.

I moved my hands over my exposed shoulders trying to get rid of any loose dark brown hair strands that had fallen out of my pinned up hair do. I looked down at the silver pumps mom had bought me earlier today and wiggled my toes in them, trying to get the blood to flow. I let out an exasperated breath and tried to remember why I was so dressed up in the first place. Right. We had new neighbors moving in a couple blocks down from us.

They were hosting some kind of house warming party. The 'Rhodes' were the new family in the gated community of The Falls, located in L.A. California. Seeing as how my mother loved to gossip, and tell a few farce stories of her own, I heard that the Rhodes moved from Washington D.C. to live in California. I also heard that they were a family of two. The mother and father had two teenage kids. A boy and a girl. But that's all the information I got, before my mother caught me eavesdropping on her phone conversation from the stairwell.

I really didn't want to go with my mother to this house warming thing, but having a mother who's V.P. in a stock marketing company and a father who's President of that stock market, you really had no choice. Seeing how everything was about Image in the Fawcett's household. Well at least with my mother. Image was something my mother took all too seriously. So she made it her duty, which in a way is her duty, to keep this family in tip top shape. Making sure we waved to our neighbors, keeping a strict eye on me and my sisters grades, making sure I apply to the most prestige colleges in the United States and in some places like Italy and England.

Seeing how it was the beginning of my senior year my mother made sure I was in some type of beneficial after school club. I heard someone clear their throat and I jumped snapping my mind back to reality. My light blue eyes landed on another pair of aged light blue eyes in front of me.

"You look beautiful Elaine." My father praised as he placed his hands on my naked shoulder. I smiled at my fathers words whilst he turned me to face the mirror again.

My father wore a small smile on his face as he looked at the both of us in the mirror. He wore a simple sky blue shirt and a pair of khaki slacks. A pair of black dress shoes graced his feet.

"Mom's letting you wear that?" I asked raising an eyebrow while looking at him through the mirror.

"She hasn't seen me in it yet. I've been avoiding her all night." My father explained as he removed his hands from my shoulder and sliding them into his pants pockets. I let out a small giggle, as the image of my mothers face seeing her husband wearing such a simple and plain outfit.

"But wait. Where did you get dressed?" I asked turning away from the mirror and towards my father. His chocolate brown hair was parted to the side and slicked back to his head. The small patch of grey on both sides of his head made him look a tad bit older than thirty-eight. If your guessing I got my looks after my father, you guessed right.

"In the guest room." he answered coolly. I smiled at that and looked down at my dress. I smoothed over the satin material making sure no creases were obstructing the dress.

"Darren! Elaine! It's time to leave." My mother shouted from down stairs. I inwardly signed and began walking towards the door. I realized dad hadn't followed me.

"Dad?" I asked curiously stopping just outside of my room. I looked at my dad and watched as he froze when he had one foot out the window.

"I'm coming. Tell your mother I'll meet her out front." he said with a mischievous smile. I couldn't help but laugh quietly as my father focused on getting to the bottom of the ground, from our second story floor. I was about to protest against that when I remembered mom had a board with vines and flowers growing around it and leading it into her small garden of roses. She had it placed by my window. For what reasons I honestly didn't know.

I heard my mother call my name once more and turned on my silver heels quickly.